ADIRONDACK REGION, N.Y., Feb. 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- This March, the Adirondacks of northern New York will welcome maple fans at sugar bushes throughout the region to celebrate, taste and tap maple tree's during New York State Maple Weekends.
New York State Maple Weekends offer hands-on maple sugaring demonstrations, sugar bush tours, tastings and local events March 16-17 and March 23-24 from 10 am until 4 pm each day throughout the Adirondack Region.
A must-see for any maple fan is the Adirondacks Tug Hill Region's American Maple Museum in Croghan. Home to the Maple Hall of Fame, old-fashioned maple sugaring equipment and exhibits depicting the history and evolution of maple syrup production, the museum showcases Native American sugaring techniques and modern manufacturing methods. The museum welcomes visitors with a pancake breakfast, demonstrations and tastings during both Maple Weekends.
Celebrate maple season, a rite of spring passage at maple producers throughout the Adirondacks during New York State Maple Weekends. Adirondack Region participants include:
- The Wild Center at Tupper Lake will be open March 17, 23 and 24 for Tap Time 2013. On March 16, get a jump start on maple weekend and enjoy crafts, tastings, a free pancake breakfast and Maple Seminar. Learn how to tap in your own backyard and what it takes to be a maple producer.
- 1812 Homestead Farm & Museum in Willsboro is open March 23 for tours. Visit the sugarhouse and enjoy demonstrations that show how Native Americans made maple syrup. Experience the collective heritage of New York maple syrup at this restored historic house on Long Pond.
- Park Family Maple Farm is West Chazy is open both Maple Weekends and will offer pancake breakfasts, horse drawn wagon rides, complimentary maple coffee and historic sugaring demonstrations. Nearby, Bechard's Sugar House in West Chazy is offering tours of their sugarhouse, demonstrations, tastings and more March 16, 27 and 23.
- Cornell University-Uihlein Forest in Lake Placid is open both Maple Weekends, offering guided tours of the entire syrup production process, beginning in the sugar bush and ending in the sugarhouse with the final product.
- McComb's Oak Hill Farm in Speculator will be open both Maple Weekends and will offer maple sugar tree-tapping demonstrations.
- Toad Hill Maple Farm in Thurman will be open both Maple Weekends, offering tours of their new maple kitchen, homemade samples and an array of maple treats in their gift shop.
This list represents just a few of the Adirondack maple producers who will open their doors and tables during New York State Maple Weekends. For a complete list, log on to: www.MapleWeekend.com.
For additional events information, lodging packages and winter travel ideas, log onto visitadirondacks.com.
About the Adirondacks:
The Adirondack Region is a six-million-acre park offering limitless recreation amid 2,000 miles of hiking trails and 3,000 lakes and ponds. Part of the largest temperate forest in the world, the Adirondacks are also home to 103 towns and villages. Connect with the Adirondacks on Facebook.com/visitadirondacks or Twitter.com/visitadks. Search Adirondack events, attractions and Adirondack vacation packages at VisitAdirondacks.com.
CONTACT: Rebecca Steffan (518) 523-9258 Rebecca@inphorminc.comSource:Adirondack Regional Tourism Council