- Expands product suite with wireless security alert systems -
- Provides network operators with additional "cut the cord" revenue streams -
- Diversifies customer base in Africa -
SAN DIEGO, Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Axesstel, Inc. (OTCQB:AXST), a leading provider of wireless voice, broadband access and connected home solutions for the worldwide telecommunications market, launched its new wireless security alert systems by shipping approximately 40,000 AG50 Series Axesstel Home Alerts to two different customers in Africa.
The AG50 Series Axesstel Home Alert System uses GSM technology and has a built-in cellular module that can send an SMS or place a phone call to up to 8 pre-assigned numbers. This affordable, easy-to-set-up product can be used in homes or other locations for end-users desiring a self-monitored alert notification system. An Axesstel Home Alert utilizing CDMA technology is also available in the AX50 Series.
Clark Hickock, chief executive officer for Axesstel, stated: "The launch of the Axesstel Home Alerts expands our suite of wire-line replacement products and further establishes Axesstel as a leader in developing 'cut the cord' devices. The security alert systems enable network operators to offer new products to their entire subscriber base, resulting in additional revenue without further incremental investment, as well as attract new subscribers. We plan to release a series of five Axesstel Home Alert security systems in key strategic global markets. The security alert system product roadmap includes advanced 'all-in' products incorporating voice, broadband access capabilities and optional features enabling a wide array of connected home applications. We are excited about the worldwide opportunities for this product."
- Provides wireless alert notification with a built-in cellular module that can send an SMS message or place a phone call to up to 8 pre-assigned numbers when the sensor detects motion
- Uses an AC adaptor with a 9V backup battery that provides continued functionality in the event of a power outage
- Arming and disarming can be triggered by keypad input or remotely by sending an SMS
- Delivers an affordable solution, which is easy to set up, configure and use
- AG50 - 900MHz/1800MHz or 850MHz/1900MHz GSM/GPRS
- AX50 - 800MHz/1900MHz CDMA2000 1xRTT, IS95
- Call or SMS Alerting Numbers - Stores up to 8 pre-assigned numbers
- Remote Arm/Disarm Capabilities
- 9 Multiple LED Indicators - Power, Battery, GSM or CDMA, Setting/Register, Arming/Disarming, Zone Status Indicator 1-4
- Standard Telephone Keypad with Tactile Feel
- Audible Beeper for Programming Confirmation and Motion Detection
- Panic Button for Emergency Situations
- Silent Alarm Capability
- 9 Volt Battery for Emergency Backup
- Low Battery Warning LED
- Tamper Prevention on Alert Panel and Motion Sensor
- Magnetic Contact Window/Door Sensors (optional)
- Configure up to 64 Sensors/Motion Detectors
About Axesstel, Inc.
Axesstel (OTCQB:AXST) is a leading provider of wireless voice, broadband access and connected home solutions for the worldwide telecommunications market. Axesstel's best in class product portfolio includes phones, wire-line replacement terminals, security alert systems, and 3G and 4G broadband gateway devices. These products are used for voice calling, high-speed data access, and connected home management services. The company has supplied millions of devices to leading telecommunications operators and distributors in over 50 countries worldwide. Axesstel is headquartered in San Diego, California. For more information on Axesstel, visit www.axesstel.com.
The Axesstel, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6261
© 2013 Axesstel, Inc. All rights reserved. The Axesstel logo is a trademark of Axesstel, Inc.