SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RSA CONFERENCE 2013 -- Today CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, introduced CipherCloud for Box to extend data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory controls to organizations using Box's content collaboration platform.
Despite explosive growth in the cloud content and collaboration market and its evident advantages to productivity and cost efficiencies, information protection requirements continue to be the primary hurdle for enterprise adoption.
The CipherCloud for Box solution delivers data loss prevention to scan, detect, and take action to protect sensitive organizational information, providing an additional level of security and control for business collaboration and content sharing on Box.
Mutual customers – particularly organizations in the financial services, healthcare, e-commerce, and technology sectors – can leverage this solution to meet industry compliance mandates, including GLBA, PCI, HIPAA, HITECH, PIPEDA, ITAR, and EU Data Protection.
This is enabled via the CipherCloud Open Platform which provides cloud information protection, encryption, malware detection, and cloud user activity auditing for organizations to securely adopt cloud applications.
"Our collaboration with Box supports our vision for building trust in the cloud by eliminating concerns about security and regulatory compliance," said Pravin Kothari, founder & CEO of CipherCloud. "Together, Box and CipherCloud are taking information protection to the next level, giving companies the confidence to embrace popular commercial cloud applications anywhere, anytime, and realize the cost savings and efficiencies they bring."
"As the enterprise choice for content collaboration in the cloud, we have always taken our customers' security and compliance concerns seriously," said Whitney Bouck, general manager of Enterprise at Box. "This integration with CipherCloud extends additional information protection controls to customers while preserving the usability and functionality that sets Box apart from other cloud content solutions."
The product will be demonstrated at the CipherCloud booth (# 556) at the 2013 RSA Security Conference February 25 - March 1 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
CipherCloud for Box
CipherCloud delivers protection to sensitive information in the cloud through a ground-breaking technology that enables organizations to securely adopt cloud applications. CipherCloud's technology protects information in real time, before it's sent to the cloud, using operations-preserving technology that does not impact usability or the application functionality.
Key Benefits of CipherCloud for Box
For organizations, the solution contains many advanced information protection capabilities based on an open security platform.
- Enforce Data Loss Prevention: Setcustom DLP policies that scan, detect, and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document, providing an additional level of security and control
- Deliver Malware Detection: Screen information exchanges including user uploaded attachments for virus, malware and other embedded threats
- Provide Activity Monitoring: Use security dashboards to control user activities based on security policies to prevent data loss caused by downloading confidential content
- Retain Usability and Functionality: Preserve the user experience, functionality, and performance of Box through the desktop client, Web browser, and mobile device
- Leverage Existing Infrastructure: CipherCloud Open Platform can integrate with deployed DLP solutions such as Symantec™ and McAfee® to leverage existing DLP policies
- Use One Gateway for All Cloud Applications: Support all leading cloud applications through the CipherCloud gateway including Salesforce, Force.com, Chatter, Google Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, AWS, Box and many others; use Connect AnyApp and Connect Database to enable IT teams to support any cloud application or database in hours
CipherCloud is the leader in cloud information protection with more than 1.2 million users and more than 100 million protected customer records around the globe. CipherCloud's 256-bit encryption gateways secure data in the cloud and put control of the encryption keys in the hands of the customer, ensuring that organizations retain control over data in transit and at rest in the cloud.
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, provides cloud encryption and tokenization gateways to enable organizations to securely adopt cloud applications by eliminating concerns about data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance. CipherCloud's ground-breaking gateway encrypts sensitive information in real time, before it's sent to the cloud, using operations-preserving encryption and tokenization technology without impacting usability or the application in any way.
The CipherCloud product portfolio supports popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as Salesforce, Force.com, Chatter, Box, Google Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, and Amazon AWS. Additionally, CipherCloud Connect AnyApp and Database Gateway enable organizations to extend data protection to hundreds of third-party cloud and private cloud applications and databases.
CipherCloud is backed by premier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.
The CipherCloud, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14530