REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today introduced Informatica Healthcare Data Management. The new offering is the most comprehensive solution available for empowering healthcare organizations to manage the full spectrum of healthcare master data domains -- and the relationships between them -- for improved analytics and operational decision making.
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act drives the capture of unprecedented amounts of healthcare data by incenting providers to adopt Electronic Health Records (EHRs), while the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) imposes payment reforms that reward quality and value while penalizing inefficiency.
Achieving the objectives of healthcare reform requires that healthcare organizations capture and manage unprecedented amounts of data, and put the data to work to enhance the value of healthcare delivery. Informatica Healthcare Data Management strikes directly at this need by ensuring reliable, accurate, trustworthy data is readily available to support analytics and clinical decision-making at the point of care.
Based on market-leading Informatica master data management (MDM) technology, Informatica Healthcare Data Management helps healthcare organizations to:
- Improve quality of care - Enables an authoritative view of patient, providers, service locations, health plans, and employees, as well as the key relationships between these entities to improve preventive care, care coordination and analytics around quality trends.
- Increase revenue from existing relationships - Delivers insight into referral network and location utilization rates, enabling healthcare organizations to cultivate referrers with differentiating services and targeted promotions.
- Maximize business agility and lower the cost of data - Offers a comprehensive data management platform that helps organizations to quickly adapt to new business needs, lower total cost of ownership, and deliver rapid time-to-value.
"Healthcare organizations are under extraordinary pressure to use their data to gain insights into their business, identify best clinical practices and drive quality, efficiency and revenues while reducing referral leakage and encouraging customer loyalty," said Richard Cramer, chief healthcare strategist, Informatica. "Yet they are almost always thwarted by poor quality data and by a lack of reliable data to drive accurate analytics and operational intelligence. Designed to increase business agility, Informatica Healthcare Data Management is the most comprehensive solution available for getting all this data right and keeping it correct and useful."
Increase the Value of Healthcare Data
Informatica Healthcare Data Management directly addresses some of the most vexing changes facing healthcare organizations grappling with the many dimensions of healthcare reform. Among these challenges are ensuring clinical and business analytics are based on accurate, reliable and trustworthy data; developing new insights and processes for managing the health of populations; and delivering trustworthy, actionable decision support at the point of interaction with the patient that reduces unwanted variation in care.
Healthcare Data Management significantly expands on the value of point solutions, such as enterprise master patient indexes (EMPI), for managing healthcare data. It centrally manages patient identities, healthcare providers, payers, employees, service locations, organizational hierarchies, as well as relationships such as primary care relationship, physicians who are members of a patient's care team, or employees who have interacted with the patient or member.
For analysis, these capabilities are vital to accurately answer questions pertaining to:
- Volume - How many primary care patients and how many specialty patients (e.g.: cardiology) are served by the healthcare system? What is the rate of increase of new patients by specialty? How many referrals are received, by specialty and by referring physician?
- Geography - Where are patients coming from and how far are they traveling to a location? Where are the geographic gaps in the patient population that represent opportunities for growth?
- Quality of Care - What are the quality trends across the aggregate patient population, and its sub-populations? What are the utilization and outcome trends by physician, location and care team?
- Marketing - How many households are being served? Is there an opportunity to enroll new PCPs in a family?
- Finance - What does it cost to deliver a particular service versus the revenue received? What are profit margins across facilities and service lines? What are the most cost-effective locations within the system to deliver what services?
For operational decision making, the trusted information provided by the new solution enables healthcare organizations to:
- Improve care delivery - Proactively intervene for preventive care, and improve coordination among care team members in patient centers and medical homes.
- Improve communications - Enhance alerting and communications to a patient's care team.
- Develop a stronger referral network - Determine best referral sources, and channels, extend valuable services to high-volume referrers (e.g.: real-time admission notifications), target promotions to increase referrals from lower-volume sources, reduce referral leakage.
- Comply with healthcare regulations - Healthcare Data Management is built on the same Informatica MDM platform as the ICD-9 to ICD-10 compliance solution developed by our partner Highpoint Solutions. This is one example of many that demonstrates how a code set can be managed as master data to meet a compliance mandate.
Informatica Healthcare Data Management is available now.
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica Platform and Informatica Healthcare Data Management are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.