HOUSTON, Feb. 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hart Energy announced today that its World Refining & FUEL Conference will be held on Wednesday, March 20, at the Hyatt Regency in San Antonio immediately following the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers' Annual Meeting.
"This one-day conference will discuss the effects of unconventionals on economics, refining, and fuels and will include the latest technologies and best practices used in the industry," said Kristine Klavers, senior vice president, Hart Energy. "We are thrilled with the renowned presenters and the top-quality agenda at this year's event in San Antonio."
Experts from refining, fuels, additives, technology, government, biofuels, automakers, and engine manufacturers' communities are expected to attend. The conference format will be interactive discussion panels addressing key questions. The moderator will introduce each panel topic with a brief presentation, and a panel discussion led by each session moderator will follow.
"Refining Opportunities Around the Globe" is the first panel and will feature "How a U.S. Integrated Refiner Navigates Fresh Raw Materials Streams and Changing Global Markets" by Kevin Brown, senior vice president, refining, LyondellBasell; "Canadian Refining Perspectives" by Mike Ashar, president, Irving Oil; "The Refinery of the Future" by Dr. Partha P. Maitra, president, petroleum business, Reliance Industries; and "Brazil's Refiners Look Outward" by Frederico Kremer, director, Petrobras.
Other speakers include:
- Gregory Dolan, acting CEO, Methanol Institute
- Andy Lipow, president, Lipow Oil Associates LLC
- L.N. Gupta, joint secretary, Indian Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
- Dr. Mike Schultz, vice president of engineering, LanzaTech
- Dr. Don Paul, executive director, University of Southern California Energy; former chief technology officer, Chevron
- Liisa Kiuru-Griffith, executive director, International Fuel Quality Center, Hart Energy
- Terrence Higgins, executive director of refining & special projects, Hart Energy
- Ben Saydah, director of conversion and upgrading, Sapphire Energy
- Michael J. McAdams, senior policy advisor, Holland & Knight LLLP
- Roland Hwang, transportation program director, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Chip Haass, manager, market development, Chesapeake Energy
- Michael E. Leister, fuels technology manager, Marathon Petroleum Corp.
A complete agenda of the conference can be found at www.wrfconferences.com.
Hart Energy's 27th Annual Refinery and Energy Company of the Year award luncheon will also take place during the event. Recognized companies are chosen from those making further investments in the refining and energy sectors, improving the quality of their products, raising the financial, environmental, and health-and-safety performance, as well as their commitment and achievements towards cleaner air.
About Hart Energy
For 30-plus years, Hart Energy has been a leader covering news and technology for energy investors and executives. The Houston-based company publishes Oil and Gas Investor, E &P, Midstream Business, and FUEL, online data services (OilandGasInvestor.com, UGcenter.com, A-Dcenter.com), and industry newsletters, and provides research and consulting services. With its successful DUG™ conference series, maps, playbooks, and research studies, Hart Energy offers exceptional depth in unconventional resources information. Visit hartenergy.com for more information.
The Hart Energy logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16374
# # #
A photo accompanying this release is available at:
CONTACT: Susan D. Emfinger email@example.com 713.260.1069
Source: HART Energy