KYOTO, Japan, March 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) (the "Company") today announced the status of the Company's own share repurchase under its ongoing repurchase plan resolved at a meeting of the Board of Directors held on January 24, 2013, pursuant to Article 459, Paragraph 1, Item 1 of the Companies Act of Japan.
Details are as follows:
Details of Share Repurchase
1. Period of own share repurchase: From February 1, 2013 through February 28, 2013
2. Class of shares: Common stock
3. Number of own shares repurchased: 726,400 shares
4. Total repurchase amount: 3,837,124,000 yen
5. Method of repurchase: Repurchased on the Osaka Securities Exchange through a trust established for this purpose.
Note: The above repurchase information has been prepared on the basis of execution date.
A) The following details were resolved by the Company's Board of Directors on January 24, 2013:
1. Class of shares: Common stock
2. Total number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 3,000,000 shares
(2.21% of total number of shares issued, excluding treasury stock)
3. Total repurchase amount: Up to 20 billion yen
4. Period of repurchase: From January 25, 2013 through January 24, 2014
B) The accumulative number of own shares repurchased until February 28, 2013, pursuant to the Board of Directors resolution above:
1. Accumulative number of own shares repurchased: 726,400 shares
2. Total accumulative repurchase amount: 3,837,124,000 yen
The Nidec Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=1734
CONTACT: Masahiro Nagayasu General Manager Investor Relations +81-75-935-6140 email@example.com