CHICAGO, March 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Merge Healthcare Incorporated (Nasdaq:MRGE), a leading provider of clinical systems and innovations that seek to transform healthcare, today announced that Merge's iConnect Clinical Enterprise Platform will be featured at the HIMSS13 Interoperability Showcase and in Merge's booth (#5725) at this year's HIMSS conference in New Orleans on March 4 - 7.
"We're proud that iConnect is part of the Interoperability Showcase at HIMSS. With the inclusion of imaging as a menu set measure in the Stage Two Meaningful Use requirements, it's more important than ever to demonstrate how our solutions contribute to health IT interoperability and can help organizations share images across their enterprise," said Jeff Surges, CEO, Merge Healthcare. "We believe that patients' images are one of the most important parts of their health record. Attendees will see first-hand how solutions, like iConnect Access, use a standards-based approach for effective and secure health data information exchange."
iConnect Completes IHE Connectathon 5 Consecutive Years
Merge's iConnect Access successfully completed testing for all registered Integration Profiles at the IHE NA Connectathon: a cross-vendor, live, supervised, structured testing event with more than 115 participating vendors and 450+ engineers and IT architects, utilizing 169 test systems to complete more than 4,570 successful tests.
Merge successfully tested and completed six IHE Integration Profiles:
- Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing (XDS) as a Document Consumer
- Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing for Imaging (XDS.I) as an Imaging Document Consumer
- Patient Demographics Query (PDQ) as a Patient Demographics Consumer
- Patient Identifier Cross-referencing for MPI (PIX) as a Patient Identifier Cross-Reference Consumer Audit Trail
- Node Authentication (ATNA) as a Secure Node
- Consistent Time (CT) as a Time Client
Merge will also be showcasing the following solutions at HIMSS:
- Merge Honeycomb™ Cloud Solutions: A cloud-based image storage and management solution and image sharing network that enables any user to upload, download, view and share medical images.
- Merge's iConnect Enterprise Clinical Platform: A suite of image interoperability solutions that improve workflow, reduce care delays and lower costs by enabling access to any image, anywhere, at any time, on any device. Included in the platform is iConnect Enterprise Archive, which InMedica named the global VNA leader.
- Merge Cardiology Solutions: Solutions that deliver a single web-based view of a patient's complete record spanning all cardiology modalities and a tool that automates the cath lab, which was named category leader in cardiology hemodynamics by KLAS.
About Merge Healthcare
Merge is a leading provider of clinical systems and innovations that seek to transform healthcare. Merge's enterprise and cloud-based solutions for image intensive specialties provide access to any image, anywhere, any time. Merge also provides health stations, clinical trials software and other health data and analytics solutions that engage consumers in their personal health. With solutions that are used by providers and consumers and include more than 25 years of innovation, Merge is helping to reduce costs and improve the quality of healthcare worldwide. For more information, visit merge.com.
The Merge Healthcare logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=10757
Cautionary Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters discussed in this news release may include forward-looking statements, which could involve a number of risks and uncertainties. When used in this press release, the words "will," "believes," "intends," "anticipates," "expects" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those expressed in, or implied by, such forward-looking statements. Except as expressly required by the federal securities laws, the Company undertakes no obligation to update such factors or to publicly announce the results of any of the forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Lesley Weisenbacher Vice President, Marketing 312.540.6623 | firstname.lastname@example.org