Advanced Business Intelligence Within Changepoint Offers Critical Insight for Companies With Growing, Global Services Organizations
DETROIT, March 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR) today announced it has partnered with IBM to deliver IBM Business Analytics within Compuware's market-leading PSA/PPM solution, Changepoint. Through Changepoint, businesses with growing, global services and IT organizations will now have access to advanced business analytics for smarter decision-making.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=17551
The technology services sector, a key market for Compuware Changepoint, has experienced significant growth over the last number of years, and according to a research report by Global Industry Analysts Inc., (GIA),1 this sector -- driven by cloud technology and software-as-a-service adoption -- is expected to reach a value of $1.2 trillion by 2015. As companies in this sector grow and mature, they are actively seeking to sharpen business insight, align metrics with key business objectives, and improve execution on strategy.
Every day, we create 2.5 quintillion bytes of data -- so much that 90% of the data in the world today has been created in the last two years alone.2 Because of the exponential increase of corporate big data, Compuware Changepoint selected IBM's Business Analytics solution to help its customers:
- Manage growing amounts of data. The ability to sort and manage vast quantities of data and access this information on various devices including tablets is a business necessity for executives. Changepoint and IBM Business Analytics provide robust portal, dash-boarding and visual analytic access in a real-time environment to provide increased visibility.
- Translate data into knowledge. Not only do executives need to manage and access more and more data, they need to be able to quickly interpret this data to drive real-time business decisions. The key metrics for managing a services business are revenue and margin. Traditionally, executives have had difficulty in obtaining real-time financial information from their services business. As an example, organizations with no resource visibility are not optimizing allocation. Real-time access into resource skills and availability translates to increased resource utilization. A one percent increase in utilization for a 100-person organization can contribute an additional $312,000 to the bottom line.3 IBM Business Analytics provides better visibility and drill-through capabilities into data, which impacts the overall health and performance of a business.
"As Changepoint adoption grows within technology services and IT organizations and as customers broaden the deployment of Changepoint within their organizations -- in some cases to tens of thousands of users -- there's an increased volume of data collected and a need to analyze and interpret business information and turn it into powerful insight," said Lori Ellsworth, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Compuware Changepoint Business Unit. "Customers want powerful, secure reports and business analytics. After an extensive survey of the BI marketplace, we determined that IBM was the best fit for our customer base. We believe the addition of IBM Business Analytics sets us well ahead of our competitors in the market today."
By delivering a consistent, accurate view of all business information, IBM Business Analytics provides decision makers at all levels of the enterprise with ground-breaking capabilities to better manage performance. The seamless integration between IBM Business Analytics and Changepoint will provide users with robust out-of-the-box business intelligence to drive financial forecasting, operational excellence, and resource planning and customer satisfaction -- enabling improved execution on services strategy.
Additionally, IBM Business Analytics will provide executives with more powerful analytics to manage critical objectives for their professional services and IT organizations. Key capabilities of the integrated solution include:
- Real-time visibility within Changepoint through embedded dashboards and portals showcasing interactive graphical and tabular data that provides clear revenue, cost and margin type metrics providing increased visibility into operational success.
- Ability to tailor analytic information by use in real-time through IBM Business Analytics using extended grouping, filtering and drill-through capabilities.
- Comprehensive data model that respects Changepoint's security protocol to ensure organizational analytical integrity for end users.
- Ability for executives and consultants to access analytics via tablet, mobile devices and desktop providing real-time access to data.
IBM Business Analytics will be available with Compuware Changepoint in March, 2013, delivered as part of the Changepoint 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1) release.
1 "Information Technology (IT) Services: A Global Outlook" – Global Industry Analysts Inc. February 2012.
2 Bringing Big Data to the Enterprise - IBM
3 "Just in Time Resourcing, Part 1, Managing the Demand Forecast" – RTM Consulting LLC. 2008/2009.
Compuware Changepoint enables growth and improved efficiency for technology services organizations. Our powerful solution marries PSA, PPM and powerful business analytics giving services teams total operational visibility and control over the services portfolio. Services organizations can manage every aspect of their business with Changepoint from customer acquisition, to services delivery, through to financial control and visibility. Changepoint allows services teams to achieve strong margins, manage projects and resources with greater efficiency, deliver a competitive product and services mix, and maintain top-line revenues and bottom-line profitability. Flexible and easy to use, Changepoint is built for today's modern workforce, accessible from tablets and smart phones, and available as a SaaS or On-Premise Delivery Model. Visit us http://www.compuware.com/changepoint or tune into our blog at http://www.changepoint-blog.net
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, makes technology make a difference by providing software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: http://www.compuware.com.
Social Media Links
The Compuware logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=5950
The photo is also available via AP PhotoExpress.
CONTACT: Press Contacts Heidi Riffert Compuware Changepoint email@example.com 905-886-7000 x 4308 Ellyn Winters-Robinson Compuware Changepoint firstname.lastname@example.org 519-624-2402 For Sales and Marketing Information Compuware Corporation One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226 800-521-9353 http://www.compuware.com