SAN FRANCISCO, March 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) helps connect Japanese game developers (publishers and content creators) with game industry companies around the globe through a variety of business programs. This year, JETRO is proud to present seven Japanese game companies at the Game Connection event held in San Francisco. JETRO will also host a panel discussion at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) to share experiences and insights on Japanese games.
JOIN THE JETRO PANEL DISCUSSION AT GDC
5 Things to Know: Japanese Games & Publishing in Japan
JETRO will host a panel discussion seminar welcoming Japanese game developers as panel speakers at the Game Developers Conference (GDC): A &G/Winlight, dango, Land Ho, and Vanguard. With Jon Kimmich as moderator, our panel speakers will reveal their insights on Japanese games. Find out the answers to the five questions below, and how that information will impact your business:
• What kind of approach do Japanese game companies take to win in the game markets in Japan and overseas?
• What is your advice for those who want to publish games in Japan?
• Which types of Japanese games will be big hits in western markets?
• What key strengths make Japanese gaming companies competitive?
• How can you source successful Japanese games or developers for your market?
Join in our panel discussion to speak with Japanese game developers and learn how to successfully partner with Japanese gaming companies. For more information, visit the JETRO USA website (www.jetro.org/event/gdc2013).
MEET JAPANESE GAME DEVELOPERS AT GAME CONNECTION
JETRO will organize the "JAPAN/JETRO BOOTH" at Game Connection in San Francisco to facilitate business meetings between highly acclaimed Japanese game developers and interested game companies. Meetings are by invitation only and can be arranged by contacting the game companies directly. You can also contact Jon Kimmich, JETRO's game business coordinator, who can help you identify the best business match.
Our outstanding developers include A &G/Winlight, Appirits, Compile Heart, CyberStep, dango, Land Ho, and Vanguard. They are proactively seeking opportunities to expand their business overseas, and they are:
• Extensively experienced in developing console, online, and mobile games for the worldwide market
• Experienced in the development and operation of Free-to-Play games on both PC and mobile platforms
• Committed to building new networks, be they Game Connection regulars or first-timers!
SEVEN FEATURED JAPANESE GAME COMPANIES AT GAME CONNECTION
For company trailers, profiles, and contact information, please visit the JETRO USA website (www.jetro.org/gameconnection2013).
- A &G/WINLIGHT (www.winlight.co.jp/en): Developer of mobile online games (MMORPG, online Mahjong, love simulations, and card battle games).
- Appirits (www.appirits.com/en): Online game publisher and developer with experience in publishing games in Asia.
- Compile Heart (www.compileheart.com / Japanese site): Video game developer and publisher focusing on RPG games (both original and licensed anime games).
- CyberStep (www.cyberstep.com/company/profile_en.html): Developer of original online games that are played in 10 different countries.
- dango (www.dango-net.com/en): ocial gaming company offering original games and a cross-platform social gaming tool.
- Land Ho (www.landho.co.jp/en): Developer of computer software for various gaming consoles.
- Vanguard (www.vgd.co.jp / Japanese site): Developer of mobile, console, and PC online games.
JETRO Game Business Coordinator
Games Industry Specialist and Entrepreneur, Software Illuminati (www.software-illuminati.com)
Game Connection Location Information
Dates: Monday, March 25 - Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Location: Sir Francis Drake Hotel (450 Powell St., San Francisco, CA 94102)
JETRO booth: 2nd floor
Event Type: Business meetings
Fee for Guests: Admission is free for those who are e-invited by the participating companies to meet.
JETRO Panel Discussion at GDC Location Information
Date & Time: 2:00-3:00pm, Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Location: Moscone Convention Center (747 Howard St., San Francisco, CA 94103)
Room: #3022, West Hall
Event Type: Panel discussion
Fee for Guests: Registration is not required. A valid pass is, however, required to attend the GDC event and seminars.
Public Relations & Marketing, JETRO San Francisco
Address: 575 Market Street, Suite 2400, San Francisco, CA 94105
Office: (415) 392-1333 x237
About JETRO USA (www.jetro.org)
The Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) is a non-profit government related organization that promotes trade and investment between Japan and the rest of the world. Our six U.S. branches located in Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco serve the following four main objectives: help U.S. companies establish a Japan office; help U.S. companies find Japanese business partners; connect U.S. investors with cutting-edge Japanese technology ventures; and showcase premium Japanese goods.
This material is distributed by JETRO San Francisco on behalf of Japan External Trade Organization, Tokyo, Japan. Additional information is available at the Department of Justice, Washington, D.C.
The JETRO USA - Japan External Trade Organization logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=14463
CONTACT: Hiroko Ogawa Public Relations & Marketing JETRO San Francisco Address: 575 Market Street, Suite 2400, San Francisco, CA 94105 Office: (415) 392-1333 x237 Email: Hiroko_Ogawa@jetro.go.jp
Source:JETRO USA-Japan External Trade Organization