NEW YORK, March 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Last year, StereoFame Records recording artist J. Dash experienced a whirlwind as his hit song "WOP," off the debut album Tabloid Truth, became a viral sensation amassing over 75 Million YouTube views and becoming the young artist's first Gold record, registering over 500,000 sales. Still, the song never went mainstream, playing mostly on urban radio stations. That all changed this past Thursday when superstar Miley Cyrus posted a video of herself twerking to the tune in a unicorn suit onesie. View Miley's rendition with WOP compilation here:
Since posting her #MCTWERKTEAM video, "WOP" has once again gone viral, but this time reaching far beyond its urban roots to every corner of the globe.
- Soaring 500 spots in just 4 days on the iTunes Charts - currently ranking #62 overall and #13 on the Hip Hop Charts (from #600 and #157)
- Featured on the Home Page of iTunes as "New Singles"
- Featured on the Home Page of YouTube as "Most Popular Video"
- Featured on The Today Show, Good Morning America, E! News, and BBC
- TOP Trending on Twitter with tweets by Miley Cyrus, Ryan Seacrest, will.i.am, Nelly, and LeBron James
- 5 Million views of the Miley Cyrus Twerking & Wopping on YouTube in just 4 days.
"Seeing the song take off mainstream, thanks to Miley's twerking video, has been surreal," said J. Dash. "We joke that "WOP" is the biggest hit no one has ever heard of and now, because of Miley showing her love for the song, that seems to be changing. Her video is a monster smash and I hope that she encourages her fans to do their rendition and upload it to YouTube. I'm not sure if anyone can TWERK & WOP better than Miley, but I know there's going to be a lot of people trying!"
Previously highlighted by USA Today as an "Artist on the Verge," the past year saw J. Dash perform on national TV shows like "The Daily Buzz" and "Daytime," have his video debut on MTV Jams, and "WOP" become the fastest growing dance song in the United States charting on the Mediabase charts, Billboard singles charts (spending 17 weeks on the Hip-Hop/R&B Hot 100) and become the #1 record on TuneCore. On January 31st, 2012 J. Dash released his highly acclaimed album "Tabloid Truth," available online and at Wal-Mart through an exclusive physical distribution deal made possible by an agreement worked out through StereoFame Records media consultant Thompkins Marketing.
CONTACT: Nick Carcaterra Susan Blond, Inc. 212.333.7728 ext.126 email@example.comSource:Susan Blond, Inc.