NEW YORK, March 27, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AlixPartners, the global business-advisory firm, today officially congratulated John A. Dischner, a managing director in the firm's Turnaround & Restructuring Services unit, for his being named to Turnaround & Workout's "People to Watch-2013; Business Professionals Making Their Mark" list.
Dischner, who joined AlixPartners in 1998, is an expert in liquidity management, cost reduction, business-plan development and asset sales. In his time with the firm, he has held both advisory and officer roles in a wide variety of large and middle-market companies, including in the manufacturing, consumer-products, environmental-services, telecommunications, real-estate, homebuilding and financial-services industries.
Said Lisa Donahue, managing director at AlixPartners and co-lead of the Turnaround & Restructuring Services unit: "AlixPartners warmly congratulates John on this honor. He is one of our best and brightest, and he embodies our firm's unparalleled dedication to client service and true results."
Recently, Dischner was chief financial officer for a leading technology-product manufacturer, where he played a major role in an out-of-court restructuring that reduced overhead by 30%, cut inventory levels by 35% and eliminated unprofitable products. Earlier in his career at AlixPartners, his engagements included:
- Provo Craft and Novelty Inc., where, as CFO, his department's work included the restatement of two years of financials, and the development of a go-forward business plan;
- Reddy Ice Holdings Inc., where, as senior vice president of finance, he implemented a "fresh-start" accounting system and developed a new internal-audit system;
- General Growth Properties Inc., where, as financial advisor, he was instrumental in a spinoff company, Howard Hughes Corp., involving more than $2 billion in assets;
- Levitt & Sons Inc., where, as executive vice president of restructuring, he was involved in all aspects of liquidity management, bank negotiation and assets sales;
- Refco Inc., where he led an international term in managing cash, liquidity and the sale or wind-down of operations;
- Parmalat USA Corp., where he helped manage all key aspects of the company's restructuring, including liquidity management and business-plan development;
- Harnischfeger Inc., where he served as treasurer and managed liquidity of a $1 billion division and was also involved in key aspects of the acquisition of financing;
- Safety-Kleen Corp., where he managed an accounts-receivable process-improvement project and also played a key role in budget-plan development and the acquisition of financing; and
- USN Communications Inc., where he developed cash-forecasting tools and assisted in key aspects of asset sales and the transitioning of key finance functions to a buyer
Dischner, who lives in suburban Chicago, has an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University and a bachelor's degree in economics from Northwestern University.
About Turnarounds & Workouts
Turnarounds & Workouts (http://www.strategicmgtpartners.com/twtop12.html#TW) analyzes the industry and provides lists annually of the outstanding firms for various constituencies working in the bankruptcy, corporate renewal, investment, turnaround and restructuring industry.
AlixPartners, LLP is a global business-advisory firm offering comprehensive services in four major areas: enterprise improvement, turnaround and restructuring, financial-advisory services and information-management services. Founded in 1981, the firm has offices around the world, and can be found on the Web at www.alixpartners.com.
Photos accompanying this release are available at:
CONTACT: Tim Yost +184.108.40.20689 firstname.lastname@example.org