CLEARWATER, Fla., April 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD), a leading distributor of IT products and services, today announced the addition of VMware vSphere® with Operations Management™ through its partnership with VMware. This new offering combines the world's leading virtualization platform with the capabilities of the award winning standard edition of VMware vCenter™ Operations Management Suite™, giving resellers the ability to provide improved quality of service at a lower cost for their customers.
"VMware vSphere with Operations Management can improve performance, health and utilization of virtualized environments, enabling solution providers to have a winning offering for their customers," said Chuck Bartlett, vice president, Advanced Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) at Tech Data. "The excelling platform gives resellers the capability to provide their customers with enhanced performance and improved availability, while optimizing the virtual environment through integrated capacity planning. This offering is exactly what our solution providers are looking for when offering leading-edge performance operation systems to their customers."
VMware vSphere with Operations Management Benefits:
- Reduce Costs and Maximize IT Efficiency: Up to 50 percent reduction in capital and operating expenses, nearly doubling the cost savings of an environment already virtualized with VMware vSphere.*
- Improved Service Levels: Proactively detect and increase performance while lowering downtime with patented analytic capabilities to provide insight into the health and efficiency of virtualized environments, while delivering higher quality service to end users.
- Operational Intelligence and Visibility: Simplify IT operations and reduce alert storms and false positives with dynamic thresholds, automated root cause analysis and recommendations for remediation.
- Right-Size Your Environment: Increase server consolidation ratios and plan for future needs with capacity planning, analysis and optimization capabilities that enable the most efficient use of virtualized resources.
"As organizations further their investments in VMware vSphere, it is becoming increasingly important to use an integrated solution to more efficiently manage and optimize their virtualized environments," said Mike Adams, Group Product Line Marketing manager, Cloud Infrastructure, VMware. "VMware vSphere with Operations Management assists customers who want to improve operational efficiency with a fully automated and comprehensive management platform that is designed to maximize the value of VMware vSphere."
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world's largest wholesale distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value added services enable 120,000 resellers in more than 100 countries to efficiently and cost effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users. Tech Data generated $25.4 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2013, and is ranked 109th on the Fortune 500®. To learn more, visit www.techdata.com.
The Tech Data Corporation logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=10666
VMware, Operations Management Suite, and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. The use of the word "partner" or "partnership" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between VMware and any other company.
* Forrester Consulting, "The Total Economic Impact Of VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite," December 2012.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT Amanda Little Public Relations Manager (727) 538-5803 email@example.com
Source:Tech Data Corporation