HOUSTON, April 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Richard Stoneburner, Gary Evans, and Bruce H. Vincent will share their perspectives at Hart Energy's DUG Australia conference and exhibition, Aug. 27-29, 2013, in Brisbane's Royal International Convention Centre.
Stoneburner, retired president of BHP Billiton Ltd.'s North America shale production division (and former president and chief operating officer of Petrohawk, a leading shale explorer and developer), presents "The Making of a North American Shale Success." He will discuss formation evaluation, drilling and completions innovations, efficiency gains, and strategies for moving production to market.
Evans, president and CEO, Magnum Hunter Resources Corp., will examine the company's work in many of the most prolific U.S. unconventional resource plays: Bakken, Eagle Ford, Marcellus, and Utica. Similarities and differences, lessons learned, and what the future holds will be discussed.
Vincent, president of Swift Energy Co. and former chairman of the Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA), will open DUG Australia with lessons learned in North American shale and tight formation plays, particularly in stakeholder and community relations.
Other speakers confirmed to date include:
- Doug Brooks, chief executive, Aurora Oil & Gas Ltd.
- Bill Marko, managing director, Jeffries & Co.
- Don Schofield, president, Linc Energy Ltd.
- Diana Hoff, vice president, technical and engineering, Santos Ltd.
- Vidar Skjaeveland, vice president, onshore exploration, Statoil ASA
- David Breeze, executive director, Advent Energy Ltd.
- David Wrench, managing director, Strike Energy Ltd.
- Shane Charles, CEO, Toowoomba Regional Enterprise and Surat Basin Corp.
- Cheryl Cartwright, chief executive, Australian Pipeline Industry Association (APIA)
- Kip Ferguson, executive vice president of exploration, Magnum Hunter Resources Corp.
DUG Australia brings market-leading insight on unconventional gas (CSG, shale, and tight sands) and its development in Australia. Conference attendees comprise producers, the financial community, service companies, pipeline operators, policy-makers, and other professionals. Visit dugaustralia.com for details.
About Hart Energy
For 30-plus years, Hart Energy has been a leader covering news and technology for energy investors and executives. The Houston-based company publishes Oil and Gas Investor, E &P, Midstream Business, FUEL, online data services and newsletters, and provides research and consulting services. With its successful DUG™ conferences, maps, playbooks, and research studies, Hart Energy offers exceptional depth in unconventional resources information. Learn more at hartenergy.com.
CONTACT: Susan D. Emfinger 713.260.1069
Source: HART Energy