ATLANTA, April 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CoreNet Global announced today that Fidelity, Panasonic, Google, the Brick City Development Corporation and the San Francisco Center for Economic Development are the winners of three annual best practices awards given by the corporate real estate (CRE) and workplace association. CoreNet Global presents the awards each year to industry leaders who demonstrate best-in-class practices in advancing corporate real estate thought leadership.
Senior leaders judging more than 60 entries across the three awards categories selected the following winners:
- Fidelity received The 2013 CoreNet Global Industry Excellence Award for its work on next-generation data centers. Fidelity's goal was to bridge a disconnection between its IT organization, real estate group, business units and risk-security operation.
- CoreNet Global presents its annual Economic Development Leadership Award in two categories. For Major Deals and Projects, Panasonic and the Brick City Development Corporation (BCDC) won for their efforts to spur economic development, investment and employment in downtown Newark, NJ.
- The San Francisco Center for Economic Development received The Economic Development Award for Leadership and Innovation for its project on meeting the challenges of limited space in that metropolitan area.
- Google won The Sustainable Leadership Award for its Healthy Materials Program. Google piloted a program to encourage manufacturer transparency and to screen out potentially harmful chemicals in commonly-used building materials.
The following organizations and projects also received special commendations:
- Louisiana Department of Economic Development
- Perkins + Will's Washington, D.C. studio
- BASF North American HQ in Brigham Park, NJ
- Paharpur Business Center in India
- Liberty Properties: Office Building for a Financial Organization, King of Prussia, PA
Phase 1 winners from the three award competitions were elevated to compete July 24 – 25 at Emory University in Atlanta for the 2013 Global Innovators Award, sponsored by Gensler. The Global Innovator Award winner will be announced in October at the CoreNet Global Summit in Las Vegas.
In addition to Fidelity, Panasonic, Google, Brick City Development and the San Francisco Center for Economic Development, other 2013 Global Innovators Award finalists are:
- CBRE's Super Storm Sandy Disaster Recovery Efforts
- GSA's Workplace Prototype Project
- The Everett Clinic/Healthcare Innovation Project
- United Health Group's Six Sigma Innovation
- Perkins + Will's Washington, DC studio
CoreNet Global also recognizes and thanks the 2013 Phase 1 Award judges:
- Industry Excellence: Adam Hoy, Unilever; Jody Brown, Thomson Reuters; Clayton Hayden, Merck; Sunil Das, Intel.
- Economic Development: Del Boyette, Boyette Strategic Advisors; Robin Ronne, Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance; Dennis Mingyar, Buckeye Power; Amanda James, Public Works & Government Services, Canada, Pacific Region
- Sustainable Leadership: Leigh Stringer, HOK; Stephen Evanko, Capital One; Elizabeth Barry, Marsh & McLennan Companies; Brian Schwagerl, BGS Advisory; Jonathan Flaherty, Tishman Speyer
About CoreNet Global
CoreNet Global is the world's premier association for corporate real estate (CRE) and workplace professionals, service providers and economic developers with more than 7,800 members worldwide. For more information, visit www.corenetglobal.org.
CONTACT: Richard Kadzis CoreNet Global +1.404. 589. 3240 www.corenetglobal.orgSource: CoreNet Global