EasyPark is a personal parking meter that is now an approved method of parking payment in Austin
Beginning today through April 30, 2013, anyone who uses the promotion code listed below to register for EasyPark in Austin will receive a device with a free $10 balance to use toward parking
ISELIN, N.J., April 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- EasyPark USA™ announced today that Austin, Texas, has fully deployed its electronic parking management and payment system so drivers can have a new, simplified process for paying to park in the city's downtown area.
Steve Grassfield, Parking Enterprise Manager, Austin Transportation Department, said: "As the City of Austin experiences rapid growth, we're dedicated to simplifying the parking experience and tools like EasyPark are a key part of the work we are doing."
"Drivers in and around Austin are showing the city and its neighboring municipalities that EasyPark is an ideal solution for a major U.S. metropolitan area where people rely on easy and convenient parking," said Gonen Ziv, EasyPark USA General Manager. "The success of introducing EasyPark has relied on the ease in which the EasyPark device can be introduced in a city, as well as how quickly drivers can begin to use it."
In preparation for the launch, orange signs with designated EasyPark zones have been put up in downtown Austin.
Beginning April 17 through April 30, 2013, register for an EasyPark device in Austin at www.EasyParkUSA.com/Austin and receive a device with a free $10 balance to use toward parking by using promo code: AUSGNL.
EasyPark in-vehicle parking meter affords you several advantages:
- No longer need to have coins or a credit card when parking.
- No longer need to go back and forth to the meter. Just turn your EasyPark on for the zone you are in and enjoy your visit downtown.
- No longer have to predict how long you will be parked. Just turn the device off when you are done.
- Only pay for the time you use in 15 minute increments.
- You can turn it on before the hours of meter operation. It won't start charging until 8 am.
- You don't have to come out to turn it off. The EasyPark device will stop charging once meter hours end.
- It will remind you every 60 seconds with a tone in the event you drive away and don't turn it off.
- Provides records and reporting for business-related expenses.
You will need internet access and a credit card to use the EasyPark system.
- Each EasyPark costs $19.95, plus $10 in initial parking fees. Until April 30, get free $10 in parking fees by using promotion code
- There is a $1 month membership fee per device. With membership you receive on-line and phone support, access to your parking history since sign-up and battery replacement (up to once every 12 months).
- Go to www.EasyParkUSA.com/Austin and EasyPark will send you an email to set up your account or call 1-855-873-2797 (toll free) Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT.
- $2.95 fee for reloads up to $50; $3.45 for $75: and $3.95 for $100.
For more information and for images of the launch of EasyPark in Austin, visit: www.EasyParkUSA.com/Austin.