LONDON, UK, April 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, announced Cloud Data Discovery, an important new addition to its cloud information protection platform, which enables organizations to rapidly adopt SaaS and cloud applications while ensuring that their compliance policies are fully met and their sensitive information is always protected.
With the addition of Cloud Data Discovery to the CipherCloud platform, organizations can now discover and gain full granular visibility into all of the information their users are sharing across all of their cloud applications. An organization's data loss prevention and compliance policies can be effectively applied to all discovered information delivering full visibility to an organization's content in the cloud. Easy to read and insightful dashboards deliver detailed visibility to all of the information that is going into an organization's cloud applications, including Salesforce.com and Box.
Additionally CipherCloud's Cloud Data Discovery is complemented by the CipherCloud platform's advanced user activity monitoring capabilities that provide detailed information on all logging, tracking, and auditing of user activities across all cloud applications. Information is aggregated and monitored resulting in the ability to quickly zero-in on violations of policies, identify anomalous patterns, and flag potential security breaches. Examples could include excessive access from locations known to harbor malicious activity or an extreme number of uploads and downloads of data over a short period of time by a particular user indicating malicious intent.
CipherCloud's Cloud Data Discovery addition to its open platform also provides:
· Comprehensive Content Monitoring and Detection - In-line real-time monitoring and detection of organizational policy violations across all cloud applications
· Full Policy Compliance - Effective compliance tracking with CipherCloud's cloud DLP offering or via integration with existing enterprise DLP templates (e.g. Symantec Vontu) and with out-of-box DLP templates (PII, PCI, HIPAA etc.)
· Insightful and Granular Dashboards - Easy to read and insightful dashboards highlight violations of policies at the organization, user and location level
"The addition of cloud data discovery to the CipherCloud platform is the next step in our mission to deliver continued rapid innovation to the realm of cloud information protection," said Pravin Kothari, CipherCloud founder and CEO. "We're enabling organizations to have full visibility into all of the information that is going into their cloud applications by delivering previously unavailable discovery, visibility, protection, compliance, and monitoring capabilities."
CipherCloud delivers a single point of access to all cloud applications comprising a robust suite of detection, protection, compliance, and monitoring capabilities:
· Military Grade Encryption - Operations-preserving encryption that protects sensitive information before it is sent to the cloud
· Cloud Data Loss Protection - Custom DLP policies that scan, detect, and take action to protect sensitive information in any field or document, providing an additional level of security and control
· Cloud Malware Detection - Information exchanges including external and internal user uploaded attachments in cloud applications are screened in real-time for virus, malware and other embedded threats
· Activity Monitoring - Easy to read and insightful dashboards report on all user activities to monitor out-of-compliance and potential malicious activity
The CipherCloud platform provides universal support for commercially available enterprise cloud applications for CRM, collaboration, and email, which include Salesforce.com, Chatter, Force.com, Microsoft Office 365, Google Gmail, Box and tailored solutions through CipherCloud's Connect AnyApp.
CipherCloud, the leader in cloud information protection, enables organizations to securely adopt cloud applications by overcoming data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance risks. CipherCloud delivers an open platform with comprehensive security controls including military grade encryption, tokenization, data loss prevention, malware detection, and activity monitoring. CipherCloud's ground breaking technology protects sensitive information in real time, before it is sent to the cloud, while preserving application usability and functionality.
The CipherCloud product portfolio protects popular cloud applications out-of-the-box such as Salesforce, Force.com, Chatter, Box, Google Gmail, Microsoft Office 365, and Amazon Web Services. Additionally, CipherCloud Connect AnyApp and Database Gateway enable organizations to extend data protection to hundreds of third-party cloud and private cloud applications and databases.
CipherCloud, named as SC Magazine's 2013 Excellence Award Winner for Best Emerging Technology and a Gartner Cool Vendor, is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.