PORT WASHINGTON, N.Y., April 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- iiBIG presents the 2013 Education Financing Conference, scheduled on May 7-8, 2013, in Washington, D.C. With the majority of education financing now being provided by the federal government, not only has the environment of providing capital for education to student borrowers dramatically changed, but so has the availability of capital for schools. The agenda will cover pressing issues affecting education finance today such as the increasing student loan debt and the economy, the latest developments and opportunities for student and education financing, and new student loan programs and repayment options. Conference agenda will review:
- The State of the 2013 Education Finance & Loan Industry
- How has Dodd-Frank impacted the securitization market for Education Finance & Loans?
- How has the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau impacted the origination and servicing of private student loans?
- The New Battle between the U.S. Department of Education and Private Education Lenders
- Private Sector Income Based Repayment Options
- CFPB and the Secondary Market
- Legal and Regulatory update
- Student Loan Servicing Issues and Concerns
- What are the legal impediments standing in the way of expanding the securitization market for student loans?
- Lessons on Reducing Risk through Better Underwriting and Portfolio Management
- The Rise of Credit Unions in Funding Private Student Education Loans at Schools
Pre-registered attendees include: Aequitas Capital Management, Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education, ALL Student Loan, American Enterprise Institute, Anbec Partners, ATP Flight School, CampusDoor, CEFCU, College Loan Corporation, Columbia Business School, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Convoke Systems, Darien Rowayton Bank, Deloitte & Touche LLP, Delta Management Associates, Deutsche Bank, DZ Bank AG-NY Branch, EFC, Education Plus Partners, FDIC, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, Federal Reserve Board, First Marblehead, Genesis Lending Services, Goal Structured Solutions, Heritage College, Higher Education Student Assistance Authority, Inland Bank & Trust, Kaufman & Canoles, KCH Accounting & Consulting, Keiser University, KPMG, Loan Science LLC, LCS Financial Services, Michael G. Foster School of Business-University of Washington, Milliman, Inc., Minnesota Office of Higher Education, MIT, Morgan Stanley, National Education, Nelnet, New America Foundation, Ohio State University, Partnerwise Group, Pave.com, ReliaMax, Reunion Financial, RISLA, Sallie Mae, 2nd Order Solutions, Sidley Austin LLP, SoFi Securities LLC, Stampede Labs Inc., Standard & Poor's, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP, Student Assistance Foundation, Student Loan Debt Assistance, Student Loan Finance Corporation, The French Pastry School, TransUnion, USEFC, Washington Partners, LLC, and many more.
iiBIG (International Institute for Business Information & Growth) is an unbiased, independent company dedicated to organizing business-to-business conferences and seminars for senior-level business executives. Our events focus on the most pressing and timely issues facing decision-makers in today's global economy. For more information, visit: http://www.iibig.com.