HOUSTON, April 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tom Petrie, former vice chairman of Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, will deliver the luncheon keynote address at Hart Energy's Developing Unconventionals (DUG™) Bakken and Niobrara conference and exhibition, May 29-31, at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
Petrie, chairman of Petrie Partners and one of the industry's foremost analysts and thinkers, will address DUG attendees on Thursday, May 30.
Statoil's A. Lance Langford, vice president, Bakken development and production North America, will present "The Bakken in the Rough Rider Area" on Thursday, May 30. Since acquiring Brigham Exploration Co. in 2011, Statoil has become a top-five leader in the Bakken shale. Among the most-active drillers (12 working rigs), Statoil recently announced leasing 1,000 railcars to move its production to market.
"We have put together an exciting line-up of key executives from the top operating companies and leading midstream firms in both the Bakken and Niobrara plays," said Leslie Haines, editor-in-chief, Oil and Gas Investor magazine and host of the conference. "These companies hold millions of acres in leases and are investing billions of dollars in these dynamic resource plays."
Other DUG Bakken and Niobrara speakers confirmed to date include:
- Chuck Davidson, chairman and CEO, Noble Energy Inc.
- James Volker, chairman and CEO, Whiting Petroleum Corp.
- Greg Hill, executive vice president and president, Worldwide E &P, Hess Corp.
- Taylor Reid, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Oasis Petroleum Inc.
- Steven B. Huckaby, chairman and CEO, Meritage Midstream
- Harrison Williams, executive vice president, co-head of acquisitions & divestitures, energy investment banking, Raymond James
- Rob Turnham, president and chief operating officer, Goodrich Petroleum Corp.
- Dave Scobel, chief operating officer, Caliber Midstream
- Steve Lipari, chief operating officer, Central Montana Resources LLC
- Vance Scott, partner, Americas and Head, Energy and Chemicals, A.T. Kearney
- Nathan Savage, senior vice president and group leader, oil and gas solutions, Savage Cos.
- Bart Brookman, senior vice president, exploration and production, PDC Energy Inc.
- Alan Harrison, senior vice president, drilling, WPX Energy Inc.
- Jack Stark, senior vice president, exploration, Continental Resources Inc.
- Erik Johnson, vice president and general manager, Canopy Prospecting Inc.; Eddystone Rail Co.
- Odette Eng, vice president, WorleyParsons
- David Hill, vice president, natural gas economy operations, Encana Natural Gas Inc.
- Rick Ross, vice president, operations, Whiting Petroleum Corp.
- Brian Freed, vice president, crude logistics, Inergy Services
- Jon Wright, vice president, operations, Halcón Resources Corp.
- James G. Hoff, vice president, reservoir engineering, Merchant Energy Holdings LLC
- Paul Hopfauf, vice president, business development, WBI Energy
- Dr. Jeffrey A. May, chief geologist (ret.), EOG Resources Inc.
- Teresa Perkins, general director, petroleum, BNSF Railway
- John A. Cleveland, managing director, SFC Energy Partners
The delivery of crude production by rail is a leading story in the energy industry, and the Bakken is ground zero for this trend. With Bakken crude oil and liquids production already outstripping fixed pipeline takeaway capacity, its producers have turned to rail to carry nearly two-thirds of the region's crude oil outflow. Attendees will learn how Bakken oil is reaching destinations on the West Coast, Gulf Coast, East Coast, and even eastern Canada.
DUG Bakken and Niobrara, previously known as the DUO (Developing Unconventional Oil) conference, focuses on the Bakken, the emerging Niobrara, and other oil- and liquids-rich resource plays throughout the region. High-potential targets in the Denver-Julesburg, Uinta, Piceance, Powder River, and Green River basins will be examined alongside drilling and completion best practices, and midstream infrastructure developments.
For more information, visit dugbakken.com.
About Hart Energy
For 30-plus years, Hart Energy has been a leader covering news and technology for energy investors and executives. The Houston-based company publishes Oil and Gas Investor, E &P, Midstream Business, and FUEL, online data services (OilandGasInvestor.com, UGcenter.com, A-Dcenter.com), and industry newsletters, and provides research and consulting services. With its successful DUG™ conference series, maps, playbooks, and research studies, Hart Energy offers exceptional depth in unconventional resources information. Visit hartenergy.com for more information.
CONTACT: Susan D. Emfinger 713.260.1069
Source: HART Energy