Boston, April 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Noise Industries, developer of visual effects tools for the post-production and broadcast markets, welcomes Andy's Elastic Aspect into its arsenal of powerful plugins for FxFactory. The free plugin is now available for Final Cut Pro®, Motion, After Effects and Premiere® Pro. Switch any widescreen to progressive stretch mode to watch 4:3 broadcasts without the picture being too obviously stretched. Using proprietary pixel stretching algorithms, the pixels are stretched more and more as they approach the edges of the screen. The only prerequisite for using this effect properly is to tell the NLE to stretch an otherwise 4:3 clip to fill the 16:9 sequence. The plugin comes in three flavors: Classic, Simple and Max.
Andy's Free Elastic Aspect plugin for FCP, Premiere Pro, Motion and AE is now available for free through FxFactory.
Classic Effect Features:
- Protection Centre - controls the placement of the region of protection, left (-1) to right (+1)
- Protection Width - controls the width of the region of protection and is a percentage of the original image width
- Protection Override - used to add a little bit of linear stretch back into the otherwise protected area of the image.
- Elasticity - determines how stretched the image looks
- Tension Tweak - designed to better allow some adjustment in the delicate zone between the region of protection and the region of elasticity
- Show Protected Region - enables/disables the display of an onscreen guide to help editors better define the region of protection or elasticity
Simple Effect Features:
- Center - allows user to target area of image within which they want the greatest protection/aspect correction
- Override - allows for the increase or decrease in intensity of aspect correction applied to the image
Max Effect Features:
- Takes the "Simple" effect controls, Center and Override, a few steps further
- Protection Presets - offer simplistic controls to keep the most important area of the picture displayed in its original aspect
- One-size-fits-all default setting available, plus options to choose from a selection of built-in presets that offer alternative varying protection zone widths
- Full access to all controls used to create presets with the option to fine-tune settings or create and save unique presets
About Andy Mees
Andy is a computer programmer turned video editor, hailing from the far south-west of the UK, and now living and working in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He edits, he supervises, he trains, he designs and where necessary he'll program custom software to help make it all work.
About Noise Industries, LLC
Established in 2004, Boston, Massachusetts-based Noise Industries is an innovative developer of visual effects tools for the post-production and broadcast community. Their products are integrated with popular non-linear editing and compositing products from Apple and Adobe. For more information about Noise Industries, please visit: http://www.noiseindustries.com.
Source:Noise Industries, LLC