NEW YORK, May 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NeoStem, Inc. (NYSE MKT:NBS) ("NeoStem" or the "Company"), a leader in the emerging cellular therapy market, today announced that the Company and its subsidiary, Progenitor Cell Therapy ("PCT"), will present at multiple conferences in May.
8th Annual World Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine Congress 2013
- Date and Time: Wednesday, May 22, 2:25 PM BST
- Venue: Victoria Park Plaza, London, UK
- Session: Creating an efficient, robust and cost-efficient cell therapy development and commercialization program
- Speaker: Robert A. Preti, PhD, President and Chief Scientific Officer of PCT
National Institutes of Health's Center for Regenerative Medicine 2nd Annual Stem Cell Industry Symposium
- Date and Time: Wednesday, May 29, 9:00 AM EDT
- Venue: NIH Main Campus, Bethesda, MD
- Session: cGMP Manufacturing
- Speaker: Timothy C. Fong, PhD, M.B.A., Vice President, Technology & Product Development, PCT
2nd Annual Marcum Microcap Conference
- Date and Time: Thursday, May 30, 9:00 AM EDT
- Venue: Grand Hyatt Hotel, New York, NY
- Speaker: Robin L. Smith, M.D., M.B.A., Chairman and CEO of NeoStem, will give a company presentation
About NeoStem, Inc.
NeoStem, Inc. ("NeoStem" or the "Company") is a leader in the emerging cellular therapy industry. Our business model includes the development of novel proprietary cell therapy products as well as operating a contract development and manufacturing organization ("CDMO") providing services to others in the regenerative medicine industry. The combination of a therapeutic development business and revenue-generating service provider business provides the Company with capabilities for cost effective in-house product development and immediate revenue and cash flow generation.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements reflect management's current expectations, as of the date of this press release, and involve certain risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements include statements herein with respect to the successful execution of the Company's business strategy, including with respect to the Company's research and development and clinical evaluation efforts for cellular therapies, including with respect to AMR-001, the future of the regenerative medicine industry and the role of stem cells and cellular therapy in that industry and the Company's ability to successfully grow its contract development and manufacturing business. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward- looking statements as a result of various factors. Factors that could cause future results to materially differ from the recent results or those projected in forward-looking statements include the "Risk Factors" described in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 11, 2013 and in the Company's periodic filings with the SEC. The Company's further development is highly dependent on future medical and research developments and market acceptance, which is outside its control.
CONTACT: NeoStem Dr. Robin L. Smith Chairman and CEO Phone: +1-212-584-4174 Email: email@example.com