FARMERS BRANCH, Texas, May 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Member credit unions of the Arkansas Credit Union League (ACUL), the Credit Union Association of Oklahoma (CUAOK), and the Texas Credit Union League (TCUL) are now part of a single cooperative organization, the Cornerstone Credit Union League.
The membership of the Arkansas and Texas Leagues voted in favor of consolidating the organizations in April. Credit unions in Oklahoma voted on the measure Tuesday. The consolidation will become official July 1.
"Consolidation is something we began discussing a number of years ago, and it was last summer when we really got serious about it," says Gina Wilson, CUAOK board of directors' chairman. "It is wonderful to see all of our efforts come to fruition, and I'm very excited about our future and am confident that we are going to build a strong organization in which our credit unions will see tremendous value and benefit."
Dwayne Ashcraft, ACUL board of directors' chairman, notes that from the very beginning the organizations have worked extremely well together. "We all have a shared common vision and we've engaged in effective collaboration to make it happen," he says.
"We are just so fortunate to have an extraordinary amount of talent and passion in all three organizations, and I'm confident in the future success of the Cornerstone Credit Union League," adds Paul Trylko, TCUL board of directors' chairman.
The transitional board of directors for the Cornerstone Credit Union League includes three directors from Arkansas, three from Oklahoma, and 12 from Texas, with some to serve one-year terms while others will serve two and three-year terms, ensuring continuity on the board.
- Dwayne Ashcraft, Arkansas Superior FCU, Warren
- Allen Brown, Mil-Way FCU, Texarkana
- Windy Campbell, Electric Cooperatives FCU, Little Rock
- Jason Boesch, Oklahoma RE&T Employees CU, Oklahoma City
- Michael Kloiber, Tinker FCU, Oklahoma City
- Gina Wilson, Oklahoma Central CU, Tulsa
- Jim Brisendine, Resource One CU, Dallas
- James L. Boyd, Abilene Teachers FCU, Abilene
- Z. Suzanne Chism, Texas Health Resources CU, Dallas
- Nancy M. Croix Stroud, First Class American CU, FtWorth
- Kenny Harrington, MemberSource CU, Houston
- Wayne Mansur, Texoma Community CU, Wichita Falls
- Carol Murray, Express-News FCU, San Antonio
- Robert Peterson, One Source FCU, El Paso
- Paul A. Trylko, Amplify FCU, Austin
- James S. Tuggle, Transtar FCU, Houston
- JoBetsy Tyler, First Central CU, Waco
- Paul Withey, Texas Bay Area CU, Houston