FORT WORTH, Texas, May 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Allied Electronics, a trading brand of Electrocomponents plc (LSE:ECM), received 8 awards at the recent 2013 EDS Conference held in Las Vegas, Nev. Allied was recognized by its supplier partners for sales excellence, sales growth, outstanding distribution, marketing and more.
Allied received the following honors:
• 2012 Million Dollar Club Award from NKK Switches
• Distributor of the Year from Harting Elektronik
• Distributor of the Year from Schaffner
• New Product Introduction Champion from Crydom Inc.
• Innovative Marketing Award from Honeywell
• 2012 Outstanding Performance Silver Award from Neutrik
• 2012 Exceptional Growth Award from Magnecraft
• Outstanding Growth Award from Qualtek Electronics Corp.
"Allied is very proud to be recognized for our outstanding performance by many of our key suppliers," says Scott McLendon, president of Allied. "In many ways, our success can be attributed to working closely with our suppliers to deliver great customer experiences each and every day."
About Allied Electronics
Allied Electronics is a small order, high service level distributor of electronic components and electromechanical products with over 50 sales offices across the United States and in Canada. With more than three million parts online and 110,000 products featured in the Allied Catalog, engineers and purchasers often look to Allied for a broad range of product solutions from over 300 world-class suppliers. Allied Electronics and RS Components are trading brands of Electrocomponents plc (LSE:ECM), the world's leading high service distributor of electronics and maintenance products headquartered in Oxford, England. www.alliedelec.com
Find Allied Electronics on Facebook: www.facebook.com/alliedelectronics
Follow Allied Electronics on Twitter: @alliedelec
Subscribe to the Allied Electronics YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/alliedelectronics
CONTACT: Misty Robinson email@example.com