NORCROSS, Ga., June 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Comverge, Inc., the leading provider of Intelligent Energy Management solutions for both Residential and Commercial & Industrial (C&I) customers, today announced a new cloud-based energy management portal for organizations. The new Comverge Energy Navigator portal provides one-click access to accurate and comprehensive assessments of energy consumption across facilities, helping organizations drive down their energy costs. Incorporating best practices from Comverge's 30 years of experience helping C&I organizations analyze energy consumption, Energy Navigator presents data in a graphical format that makes it easy to perform in-depth analysis of energy use.
Energy Navigator provides organizations across a range of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, education and retail, with quick and easy access to granular and actionable data on energy consumption. The advanced data collection and analysis capabilities deliver comprehensive insights into how energy is being used, allowing facility managers to identify opportunities to reduce spend and energy use in support of sustainability initiatives. In addition, by accurately calculating energy consumption, Energy Navigator helps organizations maximize participation in a broad range of demand response programs.
"Organizations have a difficult task when it comes to optimizing energy use as they often don't have the time or resources to gain full visibility into energy consumption," said Steve Moffitt, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Comverge. "Energy Navigator addresses this challenge by delivering an accurate and comprehensive assessment of energy consumption across facilities. By consolidating energy consumption data, our new cloud-based portal also helps facility managers drive strategic energy efficiency initiatives that support sustainability programs and have a meaningful impact on the bottom line."
Accessible from anywhere and at any time through a Web browser, the cloud-based Energy Navigator provides flexible visualization, charting and navigation of meter data. The new portal also simplifies data collection for facility managers by providing a range of options including integrated near real-time metering, meter data collection directly from distribution utilities, and integration with numerous legacy data collection systems. Furthermore, built-in proactive alerts deliver insights into energy usage inefficiencies or anomalies. With Energy Navigator, organizations can quickly and easily:
- Compare historical and current data – Allows organizations to benchmark energy consumption levels and analyze the impact of changes such as efficiency retrofit, process modifications or weather fluctuations.
- Compare meter data series – Helps organizations monitor a broad range of load performance and conduct gap analysis to identify areas for savings.
- Aggregate meter data – Consolidates multi-location meter data into one easy-to-view, intuitive portal.
- Calculate and visualize baselines – Visibility into baseline energy levels helps identify demand and energy reduction opportunities by supporting an organization's participation in demand response programs. In addition, Energy Navigator integrates real-time and forecasted data from PJM Interconnection, which helps organizations understand the cost of energy and the potential opportunity of participating in demand response programs.
- Run telemetry reporting and extracts – Enables organizations to match their energy management program to specific business needs by using raw meter data to perform custom analysis of demand and energy consumption.
Comverge Energy Navigator is available now. Learn more at: www.comverge.com/commercial-industrial/Portal
Comverge delivers a comprehensive suite of intelligent energy management solutions that enable utilities, grid operators, and commercial and industrial organizations to optimize their energy usage in order to reduce costs, meet regulatory requirements, and support sustainability initiatives. With 30 years of experience helping customers implement innovative Demand-Side Management programs, Comverge has deployed more than five and a half million energy management devices, recruited over one million residential customers into mass market demand response programs, and served thousands of commercial & industrial customers. For more information, visit www.comverge.com and follow us on Twitter at @Comverge.
CONTACT: For Additional Information Jason Cigarran Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Communications Comverge, Inc. 678-823-6784 firstname.lastname@example.org