NEW YORK, June 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Willis North America, a unit of Willis Group Holdings (NYSE:WSH), the global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker, announced today that leaders from its Human Capital Practice will present at the Society of Human Resource Management's (SHRM) 2013 Annual Conference & Exposition at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago, IL, June 16-19.
SHRM is the world's largest association devoted to human resource (HR) management, representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries. Its annual conference and exposition is an industry leading educational and networking event bringing together hundreds of HR professionals.
Specialists from Willis' Human Capital Practice will lead a variety of timely educational sessions including:
- Benefits Boot Camp: Jay Kirschbaum, Practice Leader, National Legal & Research Group and Liz Vollmar, Attorney, National Legal & Research Group, explain the ways in which employer-sponsored welfare benefit plans have to comply with ERISA, IRC and PPACA requirements.
- The Role of HR as a Strategic Business Leader who Drives Business Performance and Productivity: Jennifer Barton, Willis Human Capital COO and Debbi Davidson, Senior Human Resources Consultant team up for a session that will give participants a fresh approach on how top performing organizations "do strategic HR."
- Disaster Planning for Human Resources: Jay Kirschbaum, Practice Leader, Willis National Legal & Research Group, will cover the importance of business continuity planning in accordance with safeguarding human and physical assets should such events occur.
- The 401(k) as a Lifetime Financial Instrument: Jack Towarnicky, Attorney, Willis National Legal & Research Group will detail how 401(k) plans can be successful without having to experience a new legislative revolution in the form of employer mandates.
- Variable Pay Plans: A Management Tool to Drive Business Results: Debbi Davidson, Willis Senior Human Resources Consultant, will provide participants with the skills and knowledge needed to develop an effective variable pay plan, including seven key decisions to make when designing incentive plans.
- Tales From the Trenches - How Employers Can Avoid Common Health Plan Compliance Pitfalls: Liz Vollmar, Attorney, Willis National Legal & Research Group, will discuss some common employer health plan administration scenarios and the best practices that can help avoid significant – sometimes catastrophic – financial exposures and associated costs.
Commenting on the upcoming conference, Jim Blaney, CEO, Willis Human Capital Practice, said, "Employers are facing an extremely complex environment as they navigate the health care reform landscape, confronting a variety of challenges from compliance and talent management to rising health care costs. Human Resource professionals today are seeking effective solutions to manage their human capital risks and position their organizations for the future. Willis is committed to delivering industry leading expertise and we look forward to connecting with our SHRM colleagues."
Over two dozen Willis Human Capital experts will be participating in this year's SHRM conference. On Sunday, June 16, Willis will be hosting an open cocktail reception at the Willis Booth, number 439, in the exhibition hall from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
For additional information about Willis at SHRM, visit the Willis booth. You can also follow Willis leaders on Twitter, live from the event, at @WillisGroup.
Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker. With roots dating to 1828, Willis operates today on every continent with more than 17,000 employees in over 400 offices. Willis offers its clients superior expertise, teamwork, innovation and market-leading products and professional services in risk management and transfer. Our experts rank among the world's leading authorities on analytics, modelling and mitigation strategies at the intersection of global commerce and extreme events. Find more information at our website, www.willis.com, our leadership journal, Resilience, or our up-to-the-minute blog on breaking news, WillisWire. Across geographies, industries and specialisms, Willis provides its local and multinational clients with resilience for a risky world.