- New partnership will result in co-branding of all BulletShares Indexes
- BulletShares currently have over $2.5 billion in exchange-traded fund assets tracking indexes
- NASDAQ OMX and Accretive to develop new BulletShares and other fixed income index products
NEW YORK, June 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) and Accretive Asset Management, LLC. today announced a new partnership involving Accretive's innovative BulletShares® Corporate Bond Index family. NASDAQ OMX and Accretive have agreed to co-brand the indexes and work jointly to promote the BulletShares concept around the world.
"Accretive was quick to identify an opportunity in the bond index field and develop an innovative solution to meet the needs of investors with the first fixed-maturity corporate bond indexes. NASDAQ OMX is excited to partner with Accretive to expand the BulletShares brand globally and bring these indexes to investors around the world," said John L. Jacobs, Executive Vice President, NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes.
The NASDAQ BulletShares Indexes represent the performance of an investment in a diversified, held-to-maturity portfolio of fixed income securities with a common year of maturity. Accretive developed the BulletShares methodology in 2009 with the objective of combining the benefits of individual bonds and bond funds.
Matthew Patterson, Accretive's Managing Director, said, "We are excited about this new partnership with NASDAQ OMX, which has quickly emerged as a force in the global index arena. We strongly believe that NASDAQ OMX's expertise, powerful brand and marketing prowess can take our innovative, first-to-market offering to another level of development."
The indexes are now co-branded under NASDAQ and BulletShares and plans for new versions are already under development. The existing lineup includes 20 indexes covering the investment grade and high yield corporate debt markets.
High Yield Indexes
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2013 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2014 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2015 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2016 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2017 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2018 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2019 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2020 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2021 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD High Yield Corporate Bond 2022 Index
Corporate Bond Indexes
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2013 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2014 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2015 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2016 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2017 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2018 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2019 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2020 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2021 Index
- NASDAQ BulletShares USD Corporate Bond 2022 Index
About NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes
NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes has been creating innovative, market-leading, transparent indexes since 1971. Today, our index offering spans geographies and asset classes and includes diverse families such as the Dividend Achievers, Global, Nordic, Green Economy, Sharia and Commodity Indexes. We continuously offer new opportunities for financial product sponsors across a wide-spectrum of investable products and for asset managers to measure risk and performance. NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes also provides custom index services and design solutions to selected financial organizations. For more information about NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes, visit indexes.nasdaqomx.com.
About NASDAQ OMX Group
The inventor of the electronic exchange, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc., fuels economies and provides transformative technologies for the entire lifecycle of a trade - from risk management to trade to surveillance to clearing. In the U.S. and Europe, we own and operate 23 markets, 3 clearinghouses and 5 central securities depositories supporting equities, options, fixed income, derivatives, commodities, futures and structured products. Able to process more than 1 million messages per second at sub-40 microsecond speeds with 99.99+% uptime, our technology drives more than 70 marketplaces in 50 developed and emerging countries into the future, powering 1 in 10 of the world's securities transactions. Our award-winning data products and worldwide indexes are the benchmarks in the financial industry. Home to over 3,300 listed companies worth more than $6 trillion in market cap whose innovations shape our world, we give the ideas of tomorrow access to capital today. Welcome to where the world takes a big leap forward, daily. Welcome to the NASDAQ OMX Century. To learn more, visit www.nasdaqomx.com. Follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/NASDAQ) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/nasdaqomx). (Symbol: NDAQ and member of S&P 500)
About Accretive Asset Management
Accretive Asset Management LLC creates investment products that help financial Advisors better serve their clients. A recognized innovator in fixed income securities indexing, AAM delivers investor-focused solutions that improve upon traditional indexing techniques. As of May 29, 2013, AAM had licensed BulletShares® Indices to 14 ETFs with approximately $2.5 billion in assets under license. Follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/bulletshares).
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that are made under the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements about NASDAQ BulletShares Indexes and NASDAQ OMX's other products and offerings. We caution that these statements are not guarantees of future performance. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements involve a number of risks, uncertainties or other factors beyond NASDAQ OMX's control. These factors include, but are not limited to factors detailed in NASDAQ OMX's annual report on Form 10-K, and periodic reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. We undertake no obligation to release any revisions to any forward-looking statements.
Source:The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.