ROCHESTER, Mich., June 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- There was a time was when accessories were all about performance and appearance. Today, those horizons are much wider – the demand for accessories crosses all brands and segments.
Foresight Research has released the results of its syndicated 2013 Vehicle Accessory Market Report™. The report compares vehicle brands, segments, geography, accessory type, and the information sources used to shop and buy accessories. It quantifies the already installed and plan to install rates of 55 accessory types. Based on a study of 7,543 recent US new-vehicle buyers, the 2013 Vehicle Accessory Market Report™ found:
- New vehicle buyer profiles continue to evolve with older (55+) and wealthier ($100K+) buyers dominating purchase in the small SUV segments, as well as the more traditional large car and mid/large SUV segments.
- Four out of ten new-vehicle buyers who accessorized spent big dollars – an average of $1,949 within the first two years of vehicle ownership.
- Half of accessory sales occur at or immediately after vehicle delivery, yet only 32% of salespeople attempt to sell accessories and too few dealers display accessories in their showroom.
- Accessories with widespread installation rates include: sunroofs, rear camera / park-assist, LED/HID light conversions, custom wheels, and performance tires. The accessory categories that were measured are appearance, comfort/utility, performance, and protection.
- The Accessories industry is a multi-billion dollar market that is far too often ignored by dealers. With historically shrinking margins on new car sales, dealers need to take advantage of this opportunity that has been knocking on their door for years.
Established in 1998, Foresight Research is a diverse team of marketing-driven professionals who specialize in studies focusing on automotive, marine, and experiential marketing with one singular goal: to identify the information, strategies, and best practices that will help you succeed and grow.
CONTACT: Haley Noonan Foresight Research Phone: 248.608.1870 ext. 15 Fax: 248.608.1871 HNoonan@foresightresearch.com 640 West University Drive Rochester, MI 48306 USASource:Foresight Research