NEW YORK, June 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CodeSmart Holdings, Inc. (OTCQB:FICFD), with its subsidiary, The CODESMART™ Group, Inc. (collectively, "CODESMART™"), a premier ICD-10 education and solutions group that offers CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY, its on-line education solution and customizable training solutions, along with the Company's CEO Ira Shapiro, were featured in an article by Gene Marcial in today's Forbes, titled "Conversion to New Government Codes For Healthcare Providers Could Spark More Confusion." You may read the full article on Forbes' website at: http://www.forbes.com/sites/genemarcial/2013/06/25/conversion-to-new-government-codes-for-healthcare-providers-could-spark-more-confusion/.
Highlights of the article include:
- Discussion of the ICD-10 problem, including the fact that the current coding system is switching from usage of 17,000 to more than 140,000 distinct codes;
- The new codes, along with the influx of new patients from the Affordable Care Act will provide additional flexibility to accommodate future healthcare needs, but many providers are not up to date on the new codes and may not be by the October 1, 2014 deadline;
- ICD-10, despite being enacted, still receives opposition;
- CODESMART™ estimates that there is currently a shortage of 3 million coders that needs to be filled as a result of ICD-10;
- CODESMART™ has established CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY to accommodate the need for ICD-10 training and education; and
- CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY has signed affiliations with more than 60 colleges and universities.
CodeSmart Holdings, Inc. (OTCQB:FICFD) with its subsidiary, The CODESMART™ Group, Inc., is a premier national subject matter expert for ICD-10 education and compliance in the United States. Its product, CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY, is an on-line program of study for existing coders, new coders, clinicians, and healthcare roles of all types. Created by a combination of a leading panel of ICD-10 subject matter experts and a major four-year accredited university, which contributed the nation's top course designers and a platform that already provides interactive education to more than 60,000 students per year in degree programs. The ICD-10 training also includes live professors who work with and guide students through the programs of study in ICD-10.
CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY is endorsed by over 60 colleges and universities nationwide for its quality of education. The CODESMART™ Group, Inc. also provides solutions for ICD-10 transition, outsource coding, coding audits, critical documentation improvement and the revenue cycle continuum.
To learn more about CODESMART™ UNIVERSITY's proprietary programs, visit www.codesmartuniversity.org.
CONTACT: Company Contact: Ira Shapiro Chairman and CEO The Codesmart Group, Inc. email@example.com 646-526-7867 Investor and Media Contact: Jules Abraham JQA Partners, LLC firstname.lastname@example.org 917-885-7378Source:The Codesmart Group, Inc.