NEW YORK, June 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Willis North America, a unit of Willis Group Holdings (NYSE:WSH), the global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker, announced today the 17th Annual Health Care Forum, July 16-17, in Chicago, IL.
Willis is an industry leader in the health care arena, with more than 6,000 clients and 300 dedicated health care professionals across North America. The Practice helps organizations across all segments of the health care industry assess and minimize risk, including: hospitals, health systems, physician groups, long-term care, managed care and miscellaneous health care facilities. Willis has a deep commitment to this sector and was the first major broker to establish a health care practice.
Bringing together more than 150 health care professionals for both educational and networking opportunities, Willis' theme for this event "Changes," focusses on what health care organizations need to know to manage risk in a changing environment.
Willis health care experts and leading industry figures will present a variety of educational sessions, including:
- Market Disruptors & Their Impact on the U.S. Health Care Delivery System: What Health Care Organizations Need to know to Survive: In this keynote speech, Dr. Michael E. Raynor, Director of Deloitte Consulting LLP, will discuss what health care organizations need to know to navigate the "strategy paradox," and what role innovation and market disruptors will play in the transformation of the health system in the U.S.
- Re-Engineering Your Risk Management Department in the Post Health Care Reform Environment: Featuring Chrystina Howard, Senior Vice President, Willis Global Solutions Consulting Group; Curt Caruso, System Director of Risk Management, Via Christi Health; and moderated by Ken Felton, Willis National Health Care Practice. This panel will focus on how groundbreaking workload quantification is needed to drive risk management staffing and additional resources.
- Delivery Model Changes: Health Care Organizations as Payors? Featuring David Morales, SVP of Public Policy & Strategic Solutions, Steward Health; Martin Hauser, CEO, SummaCare; James Sams, MD, SVP, Piedmont Healthcare & Chief Medical Officer, South Region; and Moderated by Bob Snyder, Willis Health Care Practice. This panel addresses how organizations are approaching the movement among integrated delivery systems to establish roles as payors and health care service providers.
- Physician Integration: Claims Challenges & Best Practices: Featuring Peter Perdik of Queens Long Island Medical Group; Jayme Vacarro, Director, Professional Liability Claims, Sedgwick, Inc.; Joanne Wayman, Vice President, Health Care Professional Liability Claims Manager, Allied World Assurance Company; Lynn Sessions, Health Care Attorney; and moderated by Jacqueline Bezaire, Willis Health Care Practice. This session will take an in-depth look at claims and risk management issues facing hospitals when integrating physicians into their risk management programs.
- Health Care Captive Domiciles: Tom Jones of McDermott Will & Emery LLP and Sean Rider of the Willis Global Captives Practice will outline principal captive domicile decision-making parameters prevalent in the health care space and how the changing face of health care impacts these decision factors.
Commenting on the upcoming conference, Frank Castro, National Health Care Practice Leader, Willis North America, said, "Health care organizations are facing an extremely complex environment as they navigate the health care reform landscape. The Annual Forum provides an opportunity for risk management and insurance professionals to learn about some of the challenges health care organizations are facing and ways in which their peers have addressed these challenges, as well as other solutions Willis is developing. Willis is proud to be a true risk management partner to the health care industry and we are committed to delivering valuable solutions to help clients meet the challenges and risks faced as a result of health care reform."
Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker. With roots dating to 1828, Willis operates today on every continent with more than 17,000 employees in over 400 offices. Willis offers its clients superior expertise, teamwork, innovation and market-leading products and professional services in risk management and transfer. Our experts rank among the world's leading authorities on analytics, modelling and mitigation strategies at the intersection of global commerce and extreme events. Find more information at our website, www.willis.com, our leadership journal, Resilience, or our up-to-the-minute blog on breaking news, WillisWire. Across geographies, industries and specialisms, Willis provides its local and multinational clients with resilience for a risky world.