NEW YORK, July 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- At its 17th edition in Bordeaux, France, held June 16-20, 2013, Vinexpo proved once again why it is the world's leading professional wine and spirits show. The numbers speak for themselves!
- 38% of visitors travelled from all over the world to attend, a 3% increase from last time.
- 48,858 visitors from 148 countries attended the event.
- A new record of non-French visitors was set with 18,462 visitors arriving from other countries.
- Asia had a strong showing at Vinexpo 2013, with China representing the event's largest non-French visitor group (3,388 professionals attending).
- More Asian visitors attended: Japan (427), India (up 32.7%), Taiwan (up 4.5%), Vietnam (up 20.4%) and Malaysia (up 21.1%).
- The U.S., the world's leading wine-consuming nation both in volume and value, was the second largest international visitor with 1,433 professionals.
- More than one foreign visitor out of ten came from North America.
- Russian visitors increased by 9.8% vs. 2011.
- Visitors from France accounted for 62.2% of the total visitors, with representatives from all sectors of the industry: wholesalers, hyper- and supermarket buyers, restaurateurs, sommeliers, and specialist retailers.
- 2,400 exhibitors from 44 countries exhibited their products with stands covering a total floor area of 430,500 sq. ft.
- The "Tastings by Vinexpo" branded events enjoyed strong support and were attended by 14,700 professionals.
- 1,290 journalists from 54 countries attended the show and helped create a buzz in the media about Vinexpo.
With such strong results, Robert Beynat, Chief Executive of Vinexpo forecasts that, "Between 2012 and 2016, wine consumption will grow by 145 million 9-liter cases worldwide, an increase of 5.31%. Three markets in particular will drive this growth: the U.S. with an extra 40.5 million cases, China up 70.5 million cases and Russia with a further 17.4 million cases."
New for 2014!
Due to the overwhelming success of Vinexpo Overseas in Hong Kong, its activities will be extended in the following high-potential markets in Asia:
- 8th bi-Annual Vinexpo Asia-Pacific will be held in Hong Kong May 27 to 29, 2014 and will be larger than ever before, with doubled overall floor space for over 160,000 sq ft. of stands.
- A new event "Vinexpo in Beijing" will take place on June 2 and 3, 2014 at the Beijing Exhibition Center, targeting 3,000 to 4,000 professional visitors from the Beijing region and northeast China.
- "Vinexpo Nippon in Tokyo" will take place at the Prince Park Tower Tokyo on November 1 and 2, 2014, in response to the overwhelming demand from Japanese professionals. A total of 400 stand spaces will be offered and are expected to draw 4,000 visitors.
A photo accompanying this release is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19741
CONTACT: Sopexa USA c/o VINEXPO Marie-Christina Batich, Press Relations T) 212-386-7416 | E) firstname.lastname@example.org VINEXPO Anne Cusson, Press Department Director T) +33 556 560 168 | E) email@example.com