New York, July 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- (http://www.myprgenie.com) -- MyPRGenie (www.myprgenie.com), the leading do-it-yourself PR platform for small business and PR professionals, today announced the official launch for the PR industry's first crowdsourcing media platform. For the first time, PR professionals and companies can share their media contacts to earn points and gain additional access to over half a million of the most up-to-date media contacts.
With the new crowdsourced media platform, users can earn points for every new media contact shared with MyPRGenie, and can redeem the points they earn for access to MyPRGenie's global media contact database. The goal is to use the power of crowdsourcing to research and to maintain a global media information database and to keep it updated in real time.
Miranda Tan, CEO of MyPRGenie, says that the new crowdsourcing media platform is a re-imagination of how media contacts are researched, collected and updated. "What's exciting is that adding a wiki-styled, crowdsourcing technology allows PR professionals and companies to automatically update media contacts in real-time and share it with a community, versus the old-fashioned way of tediously calling and manually updating the contact database one by one. It is amazing how much manual work remains in maintaining most media databases."
"Sales professionals have had access to this kind of data for years," she said, "But this is the first time such a system has been added to a public relations platform."
The new system, now "live" on MyPRGenie's cloud-based platform, has been in a large beta test since January, 2013. As a promotion for the official launch of the new service, new users can get access to several benefits never before available to PR professionals including:
- A FREE MyPRGenie Web distribution (a $40 value) just for trying MyPRGenie's new Crowdsourcing feature. The Web distribution service guarantees placement of a press release on approximately 250 news sites.
- Points earned for media contacts can be redeemed for a FREE 1-year MyPRGenie premium service package ($500 value).
- Access to up-to-date, accurate information validated by peers.
Benefits for MyPRGenie users include:
- More accurate information, as PR people update or correct contact information long before a research team could do so.
- A rating system that lets users identify problems in the database, so the data is accurate
- Automated opt-out system for media contacts who don't want to be contacted.
- MyPRGenie will automatically delete email addresses after a hard bounce, and ensure that contacts who have un-subscribed cannot be added back into the system.
It's a more cost-effective way to provide small businesses and PR professionals with access to high quality information about the journalists, bloggers, and other information media gatekeepers who can help them get the word out about their products and services. Tan says that the new crowdsourcing platform also makes it a better way to help media reporters manage emails and follow companies while blocking unwanted emails and spam from companies.
"We've been in beta testing with the crowd-sourced media database since January this year, and have gotten great feedback from our users," Tan said. Users can sign up for a free trial of MyPRGenie's next generation, cloud-based, public relations platform that includes the new crowd sourced media database, as well as the company's media database of more than half a million global media contacts.
For more information and to take advantage of crowdsourced media contacts, sign up at http://www.myprgenie.com/crowdsourcing.
MyPRGenie is the next generation cloud-based, PR and social media marketing platform offering on-demand access to the tools and best-practice procedures that enable small businesses to harness the power of PR and social media marketing quickly and cost-effectively. Visit www.myprgenie.com for a free trial of the service, and review practical and useful how-to and best practices articles at www.blog.myprgenie.com.
CONTACT: Deb McAlister-Holland, email@example.com, 14-340-4774