IRVINE, Calif., July 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- StorageDNA, Inc., a leader in intelligent storage and archiving workflow solutions for media professionals, today announced the general availability of version 3.0 of its revolutionary LTO LTFS archive-retrieval workflow solution, DNA Evolution™.
Now available worldwide, DNA Evolution 3.0 includes innovations that enable new levels of archive-restore performance, allow new media workflows like conform from LTO, and deliver powerful search and browse features to help streamline and speed up media pipelines in production and post production environments. Version 3.0 is a platform that combines nearline and archive storage on LTO tape and was designed from the ground up to help media professionals manage digital content and lower storage costs as they transition to file-based workflows. Built on Linear Tape Open (LTO) and Linear Tape File System (LTFS) technologies, the latest version of DNA Evolution includes unique timesaving features like automated conforms from LTO tape, Smart Browse and an upgraded mini-media asset manager (miniMAM) to help users quickly find the content they need.
"DNA Evolution is the only archive and retrieval software on the market that is designed to truly take advantage of the direct access ability of LTFS," said tC Chakravarty, CEO and president of StorageDNA. "Maximizing performance and direct access media workflows, with Smart Conform and Smart Access LTO, are exciting areas of focus for us. With version 3.0, we are pleased to be the first to deliver these features, and we will continue developing DNA Evolution to help customers simplify their workflows and further drive down their storage costs."
Many international and U.S.-based media and entertainment companies currently leverage DNA Evolution's LTO LTFS advanced media workflows for reality television shows (such as Authentic Entertainment's Here Comes Honey Boo Boo), documentaries (such as James Cameron's DEEPSEA CHALLENGE), and feature films (such as the recent Cannes award winner, Ritesh Batra's The Lunchbox), among other projects.
Key new features of DNA Evolution 3.0 include:
- Smart Conform: The only solution capable of conforming high-resolution media directly from LTO tape, with format support for any conform workflow. Users save time and costs in two ways: by using LTO tape as a master archive medium and by performing fully automated conforms.
- Smart Browse and upgraded miniMAM: A new metadata extraction and search engine supports 150+ file formats from Avid® MXF Op-Atom, Panasonic® P2, RED®, ArriRAW, to Microsoft® Office and graphic files. Every single metadata field is extracted and available for browse and search via Smart Browse. The new miniMAM enables Web-based low-resolution previews and custom metadata tagging, tagging templates, and unlimited user defined fields.
- Global search: Users can search across archives for files, clips, and other metadata fields.
- Advanced tape tools: DNA Evolution now supports bulk verification, bulk duplication, and bulk format.
- New dashboard view, GUI enhancements, improved archiving-restore workflows, tape online/offline indicator, expanded support for CatDV and Avid® Interplay®, and more.
Additional features will be added to the 3.0 platform throughout 2013 including:
- XSIO Archive Engine Accelerator: The fastest LTO LTFS media archive technology on the market will be powered by a SAN/NAS accelerator combined with a multi-job accelerator for rapid offloads from expensive storage to LTO tape and quick restores back to LTO.
- Smart Access LTO: Designed for dramatic workflow improvements and cost savings, this feature enables LTO tape archives to act like a nearline, direct access storage medium, so that third-party applications can directly access files on LTO tape and perform partial restores, transcodes, and remote transfers.
DNA Evolution is an intelligent LTO with LTFS archive, retrieval, and direct access workflow solution that optimizes the management of file-based content to help media professionals simplify their workflow. Additionally, DNA Evolution offers the fastest performance and maintains the integrity of digital assets while ensuring content openness and future access. The improved archival life of the latest version of LTO (LTO-6), combined with DNA Evolution's automated and periodic tape health checks, ensures the long-term protection and integrity of media. Learn more about DNA Evolution's advanced workflow solutions for digital camera masters, Thunderbolt™, editorial, conform/online-offline, and integration into third-party PAM/MAM applications, such as Avid® Interplay® and CatDV at www.storagedna.com/solutions.
About StorageDNA, Inc.
StorageDNA helps film, video, and broadcast professionals store and manage their media so they can work more efficiently and save costs. DNA Evolution, the innovative Linear Tape Open (LTO) with Linear Tape File System (LTFS) workflow solution, allows users to easily archive, find, retrieve, and directly access digital assets at incredible speeds. StorageDNA's solutions power some of the most complex and critical workflows for a wide range of customers from broadcasters, major film studios and television production companies to sports organizations, government agencies, and Fortune 500 corporations. Learn more at www.storagedna.com.
© 2013 StorageDNA, Inc. All rights reserved. StorageDNA, DNA Evolution, and DNA Sync are trademarks of StorageDNA, Inc. Third party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Christy Kemp for StorageDNA email@example.com 303.898.3390