SUNNYVALE, Calif., July 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fujitsu today announced several enhancements to the ETERNUS® DX family of disk-based storage systems to significantly broaden and offer access to performance-hungry scenarios such as business analytics, data bases and online transaction processing (OLTP).
To better address the peak loads of every-day enterprise and deliver the service-level agreements (SLAs) of business-critical applications, Fujitsu is offering a free-of-charge, easy-to-download enhancement for the 'start small to high end' ETERNUS DX8700 S2 system. This offering can increase the performance up to 50 percent and up to 1 million input/output operations per second (IOPS).
Fujitsu is committed to helping customers benefit from flash-disk technology that supports critical applications including business analytics, OLTP and big data. Now available across the ETERNUS DX product line, further innovations include the support of multi-level-cell solid-state drives (SSDs), and new functionality in the ETERNUS SF 15.3 system management.
Pricing and availability
The new upgrades are currently available and can be integrated during system operation with no downtime required. The Fujitsu ETERNUS DX family of disk-based storage products is available globally and sold via direct sales or Fujitsu channel partners. System prices vary depending on configuration.
- Performance Upgrade for ETERNUS DX8700 S2 improves SLAs of business critical applications
New and downloadable system enhancements make it possible for customers to achieve an overall increase of performance between 25 to 50 percent depending on block-size, volume type and RAID level. Tests showed that up to 1 million IOPS can be achieved. A new optimized routing of the inter-controller data flow increases access and response times, enabling customers to serve higher peak loads at no extra costs. The new upgrades will be available at the end of July.
- Availability of solid-state Disk Drives in Multi-Level-Cell technology offers more performance at lower price for nearly all ETERNUS
With the release of 400 GByte and 800GByte SSD's with Multi-Level-Cell technology customers can benefit from flash-disk technology at a lower price level in order to support performance-critical applications like business analytics, large scales OLTP applications and big data.
- New features in ETERNUS SF storage management software drives efficiency of operations through increased automation
- The Automated Storage Tiering (AST) functionality can now automatically set thresholds based on best practices in balancing capacity and performance. An extensive set of parameters in terms of thresholds and quotas for capacity allocation can be defined to automatically maintain SLAs. These improvements reduce the need for special skills and relieve the administrator from time consuming research and planning.
- Application integration makes backup and restore an easy task
Easy-to-use wizards are implemented with ETERNUS SF 15.3 which simplify backup and restore processes of Microsoft® Exchange Server. Furthermore automated backup and restore of dedicated virtual machines help customers to reduce unplanned downtime of their virtual data center environments.
- More about the ETERNUS DX family: http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/products/computing/storage/disk/eternus/
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.ts.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Fujitsu_TS
- Follow us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/face2fujitsu
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://ts.fujitsu.com/ps2/nr/index.aspx
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company offering a full range of technology products, solutions and services. Approximately 170,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.4 trillion yen (US$47 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
Fujitsu America, Inc. is a leading ICT solutions provider for organizations in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, ETERNUS and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. Microsoft is a trademark or registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
CONTACT: Media contacts Fujitsu America, Inc. Victoria Hansen, Corporate Communications 224-545-2705 email@example.com Finn Partners Carol Edwards 212-593-5858 firstname.lastname@example.orgSource:Fujitsu North America