SAN JOSE, Calif., July 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LonMark, a non-profit association for the certification, education and promotion of interoperability standards for control networking, today announced the addition of three new members to its board of directors. The new members from APICE and LG CNS provide the LonMark International Board with valuable knowledge and expertise involving the system integration business, while McDonalds Corporation provides insight into the quick-service restaurant industry.
"I am looking forward to working with our new board members as we strengthen our global focus on three strategic markets: energy efficient buildings, outdoor lighting and automated food service," said Barry Haaser, executive director, LonMark International. "Our new board members will help LonMark International foster the global adoption of open, interoperable systems."
These new board members include:
- Luca Liuni with APICE, now the chairman of LonMark Italy. APICE designs and produces building automation security and access control products for the European market and has been an active LonMark member for many years. Mr. Liuni joins Hans Happ of Avnet EMG GmbH and Christoph Brönnimann of IBT Ingenieurbüro Brönnimann Thun in representing Europe for LonMark.
- Glenn Schackmuth with McDonalds Corporation is returning to the Board as a representative of the Americas. McDonalds has adopted LonWorks® as the primary platform for McDonalds networked kitchen equipment and restaurant building energy management solution. LonMark International is helping McDonalds develop industry specific LonMark Profiles, certification, and equipment certification processes. Mr. Schackmuth joins Mark Kendall from Kenmark Real Estate, who was re-elected to a two-year term, as well as Tracy Markie of Engenuity Systems, Inc. and Will White of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- KyungMook Choi with LG CNS. LG CNS provides IT-based solutions and develops products for the buildings market. Based in Seoul, Korea, LG has a portfolio of products based on ISO 14908-3 Powerline technology and is involved in key projects from Kuwait to Indonesia. Mr. Choi joins Katsuhiro Moizumi with Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd. who was recently re-elected to a two-year term. They both join Toshirou Tomita of LonMark Japan and Jimmy Chua of Quantum Automation Pte Ltd.
In addition to the new board members, sponsor representatives include:
- David Gill, Distech Controls Inc.
- Anders Axelsson, Echelon Corporation
- Earl Gray, Honeywell International, Inc.
- Alexandru Darie, Philips Lighting B.V.
- Henrik Nilsson, Schneider Electric
- Theo Frütiger, Siemens Building Technologies
- Barry Haaser, executive director of LonMark International and an ex-officio member of the Board.
About LonMark International
LonMark International is a non-profit corporation supporting the testing and certification of products, people and companies supporting the ISO/IEC 14908 body of standards. Its nearly 350 members manufacture, distribute, develop, install or use systems based on these standards. LonMark International provides peer-review based certification guidelines and testing for products, people and companies. There are over 900 interoperable products certified and currently listed on the LonMark website. Over 675 people have been certified as LonMark Certified Professionals. For more information about LonMark International, please visit www.lonmark.org.
LonMark and the LonMark logo are registered trademarks of LonMark International in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
CONTACT: Shannon Mayette LonMark International Tel: +1 602.882.4733 email@example.com