CUPERTINO, Calif., July 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The network access control (NAC) market is evolving rapidly into a broader, more mainstream information security category called Endpoint Visibility, Access and Security (EVAS), according to a new report from Enterprise Research Group (ESG). As a superset of NAC, EVAS technology will provide greater endpoint visibility and automated control. EVAS means to serve as the core of a more integrated and coordinated security infrastructure and aligns with ForeScout's platform strategy and market growth.
"As NAC has transformed into EVAS, the need for next generation, market leading NAC solutions such as ForeScout CounterACT has become stronger than ever," said Jon Oltsik, senior principal analyst at ESG. "Given the advantage of continuous monitoring and mitigation, smart CIOs and CISOs are seeking EVAS capabilities to optimize IT resources and to gain more efficient responses to prevent or contain security exposures. In this regard, ForeScout has demonstrably advanced its platform to meet these market requirements."
In the report, "The Endpoint Visibility, Access, and Security (EVAS) Market: The Evolution of Network Access Control (NAC)," ESG projects that as NAC transforms into EVAS it will become even more of a mainstream IT technology driven by:
- Increases in network device population driven by end-user mobility and BYOD: ESG expects the number of companies banning BYOD devices and requiring the use of company-issued devices will decline from 62 percent today to 22 percent within five years
- Transition to continuous monitoring and mitigation: Many organizations today lack visibility and control over endpoints and applications connected to the network and are migrating to tools for continuous monitoring and mitigation
- Need for further security operations automation: Budget pressure and availability of skilled IT professionals as well as the dynamic and phased nature of network threats create pressing needs for the greater automation delivered by EVAS technology
- Drive toward "contextual security:" EVAS helps enable more effective use of other security technologies by providing real-time knowledge about who, what, where, why and when a user or device is on the network
"Organizations want a dynamic, fast and more effective way to identify systems, preempt exposures and contain threats. ESG's take on the evolution of the NAC market into a broader and more mainstream information security category mirrors the wider NAC applications we have observed - largely driven by BYOD and advanced threats," said Gord Boyce, CEO of ForeScout Technologies. "Our innovation and sales growth well supports ESG's EVAS outlook, and more importantly, EVAS reflects how the majority of our enterprise and government customers use CounterACT daily to ensure a more secure network."
To download a complimentary copy of The ESG Market Landscape Report, "The Endpoint Visibility, Access, and Security (EVAS) Market: The Evolution of Network Access Control (NAC)," please visit http://www2.forescout.com/esg_nac_evolution. To get more information about ForeScout's CounterACT for network access control (NAC), visit us online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1.866.377.8771.
ForeScout CounterACT is a real-time security platform that delivers complete visibility and automated control for all devices, users, systems and applications attempting to connect to an enterprise network - wired or wireless, managed or unmanaged, PC or mobile. Implemented as a physical or virtual appliance, CounterACT can be seamlessly and rapidly deployed in an existing infrastructure because it does not require endpoint agents nor does it require reconfiguration or upgrading of network infrastructure. Using a combination of passive and active discovery and inspection technologies, CounterACT discovers devices dynamically and can inspect each device for compliance against corporate standards and policies.
CounterACT shares the information it gathers with other IT management and security systems, allowing them to have greater situational awareness, especially with respect to unmanaged (BYOD) devices. Furthermore, CounterACT can receive triggers from these IT management and security systems to automatically mitigate security threats, and it interoperates with popular solutions including:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems
- Endpoint protection suites and Advanced Threat Detection (ATD) systems
- Vulnerability assessment (VA) and Patch management systems
- Asset databases and configuration management systems (CMS)
- Trouble ticketing and helpdesk systems
Tweet This: ESG predicts NAC evolution: Endpoint Visibility, Access and Security (EVAS) http://bit.ly/15J7mcw
About ForeScout Technologies, Inc.
ForeScout enables organizations to accelerate productivity and connectivity by allowing users to access corporate network resources where, how and when needed without compromising security. ForeScout's real-time network security platform for access control, mobile security, endpoint compliance and threat prevention empower IT agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because the ForeScout CounterACT solution is easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, it has been chosen by more than 1,400 of the world's most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, ForeScout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at: www.forescout.com.
ForeScout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. ForeScout, the ForeScout logo and CounterACT™ are trademarks of ForeScout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Source:ForeScout Technologies Inc.