GETTYSBURG, PA., Aug. 1, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OPEN MINDS, a leading health and human service market intelligence and management consulting firm, is gathering the industry's leading executives on September 10-13, 2013 for the 2013 OPEN MINDS Leadership Retreat For Health & Human Service Executives. The retreat will take place in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, which 150 years ago was the site of one of the most well-known battles in the American Civil War.
The retreat is focused on developing sustainable leadership in the health and human service field, through both personal and professional development, and will include Civil War-based case studies, briefings by senior executives in the field, and unique networking opportunities. Retreat attendees will have the opportunity to customize their own leadership development program by choosing from a variety of sessions and activities throughout the week.
"Once each year, chief executive officers and other c-level executives travel to Gettysburg for the opportunity to not only get updates on strategic issues in the field and leadership development sessions, but also for personal improvement, reflection, and rejuvenation," said OPEN MINDS Chief Executive Officer, Monica E. Oss. "We're particularly excited about this year's event because it coincides with the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg and OPEN MINDS' 25th anniversary. In commemoration of these anniversaries, we have a lot of special sessions and activities planned for attendees throughout the retreat."
In addition to classroom sessions on management styles and market trends, participants will engage in a series of case study sessions that will take them out of the classroom and onto the historic Gettysburg Battlefield. This year's institute will feature a variety of special sessions and activities for attendees, including:
- "Using Transformational & Transactional Leadership: Chamberlain At Little Round Top" – A visit to Little Round Top, led by a licensed battlefield guide, followed by a classroom session on Colonel Chamberlain's leadership style during the battle
- "Positioning For Strategic Advantage: Buford & The High Ground" – A tour of the most important sites on the first day of the battle and discussion on how General Buford's forethought helped to position the Union troops for victory
- "Strategic Decisionmaking In Times Of Crisis: Lee & Longstreet On The Final Day At Gettysburg" – A walk across the field made famous by Pickett's Charge, accompanied by a session on how Generals Lee and Longstreet decided on their final attack at Gettysburg
- "Developing Followers As Partners: Sickles At The Peach Orchard" – A tour of the Peach Orchard and Wheatfield led by one of our licensed battlefield guides, as well as a discussion on how General Sickles' decisions at Gettysburg ultimately led to disaster
- "The Night At The Museum" – An evening at the famous Gettysburg National Military Park Museum for exclusive special events, private after-hours exhibit showings, and a networking reception (Sponsored by Genoa Healthcare)
- "Movie Night At The Majestic" – A private screening of Steven Spielberg's Academy Award winning film, "Lincoln," at Gettysburg's iconic Majestic Theater (Sponsored by QoL meds)
- Private showings of Wendy Allen's famous "Lincoln Into Art" Contemporary Art Gallery
Discounted registration for the retreat is now available at http://www.openminds.com/leadership-retreat/register.htm. Promotional rates for attendees include:
- Individual Registrations For $750
- 3-Person 'Group' Registrations For $1,950
- 5-Person 'Group' Registrations For $2,750
More information about The OPEN MINDS Leadership Retreat For Health & Human Service Executives, including a detailed agenda, can be found online at http://www.openminds.com/leadership-retreat/index.htm. For additional questions and inquiries, please contact Brenda Leister, Education Events Manager, OPEN MINDS at 717-334-1329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPEN MINDS is a national health and human service industry market research and management consulting firm. Founded in 1987 and based in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, the 75+ associates provide innovative management solutions designed to improve operational and strategic performance. Learn more at www.openminds.com.
CONTACT: Tim Snyder Vice President, Marketing OPEN MINDS email@example.com
Source: Open Minds