PETALUMA, Calif., Aug. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QuantaBits, Inc., a leader in the development of optical networking equipment, introduced a family of products that include a 10Gb GEPON OLT and a 10Gb ONU, a solution sure to transform the industry for Internet Service Providers, datacenter administrators and telecommunications providers alike. These products are poised to address today's capacity, speed and quality of service limitations that currently hinder Internet Protocol transport services.
The QuantaBits units can be integrated with existing 1Gb technology and can operate at both 10G and 1G speeds at the same time, on the same fiber.
Some of the benefits offered by the new family of QuantaBits' Products include:
- More efficient inbound and outbound traffic management, resulting in reduced latency and the most economical means of data transfer available.
- An improved split rate (64 ONUs per PON Port), ensures a quick and efficient way to deploy networking equipment.
- Software Defined Networking for seamless integration
- Remote Provisioning and Management inside each system, including a web based Graphical User Interface
- Up to 70% less Power Consumption required, which reduces operational costs and the overall cost of ownership.
- The ability to transmit data up to 50 Miles
- A Lifetime Warranty with No License Fees
The 1 and 10Gb family of products have recently been successfully trialed by one of the largest University Systems in the US and a Middle Eastern Communications Agency.
"Our network equipment allows for higher utilization and a quicker return on investment. The availability of this technology is sure to have a disruptive impact on the communications industry" said Dan Horan, CEO of QuantaBits Inc. "Our EPON solutions not only deliver more bandwidth but are also priced significantly lower than the current GPON and GEPON based solutions offered today by Alcatel-Lucent (ALU), Calix (CALX), Ciena (CIEN), and Cisco Systems (CSCO).
"These products significantly enhance the speed, flexibility and value proposition to hosted IT solution providers. QuantaBits' technology provides a very competitive architecture for a scalable and interoperable infrastructure while simultaneously reducing the total cost of ownership. The new 10 GB family of products can be seen at the Los Alamos National Labs "Table Top Event" on Wednesday, August 14th.
ABOUT QUANTABITS INCORPORATED
QuantaBits Incorporated is a leader in the design of next-generation optical networking equipment. Quantabits' ideas and inventions are helping to advance digital communications by removing infrastructure bottlenecks and delivering improved bandwidth capabilities. For more information, please visit QuantaBits' website www.quantabits.com.