WARREN, N.J., Aug. 15, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company"), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today announced that the Company's AWL9581 front-end integrated circuit (FEIC) enables 5 GHz 802.11ac WiFi connectivity in the new G2 by LG Electronics. This feature-rich smartphone offers a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display, 13 megapixel camera, 2.26 GHz quad-core processor, and Android® 4.2.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=20476
"We are thrilled that our 802.11ac WiFi front-end IC is powering the sleek and innovative G2 smartphone by LG Electronics," said Jonathan Griffith, vice president of WiFi Products at ANADIGICS. "Our 802.11ac WiFi solutions have set the standard in FEIC form, fit and function by combining industry-leading efficiency for longer battery-life and world-class linearity for greater throughput in a highly integrated, space-saving package. Our value as a critical enabler for the newest-generation of WiFi-enabled devices is demonstrated by our inclusion on leading reference designs and strong traction at top-tier OEMs."
ANADIGICS' AWL9581 5 GHz FEIC leverages the Company's exclusive InGaP-Plus™ technology and patented design architectures to combine a high performance power amplifier (PA), low-noise amplifier (LNA), and RF switch on a single die. This level of integration greatly improves manufacturability and reliability, while reducing PCB space requirements and simplifying RF front-end design to speed time-to-market. The complete family of 802.11ac FEICs provides outstanding error vector magnitude (EVM) and noise figure performance, which enables ultra-high data throughput.
ANADIGICS 802.11ac WiFi FEIC Family Key Facts and Highlights:
- Ultra-low EVM in the toughest 802.11ac modulation formats, enabling extremely high transmission data rates
- Best-in-class power efficiency for improved thermal characteristics to support MIMO applications
- Industry-leading integration of the PA, LNA, and Tx/Rx switch to simplify RF design and reduce time-to-market
- Compact 2.5 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.4 mm QFN package with a high-accuracy, integrated power detector, and RF ports internally matched to 50 Ohms to reduce PCB space requirements
For more information on ANADIGICS products and multimedia content, please refer to the following resources:
- ANADIGICS LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/anadigics
- ANADIGICS Photos: http://www.flickr.com/anadigics_inc
- ANADIGICS Video: http://www.youtube.com/anadigics
About ANADIGICS, Inc.
ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD) (the "Company") designs and manufactures innovative radio frequency solutions for the growing cellular, WiFi, and infrastructure markets. Headquartered in Warren, NJ, ANADIGICS offers RF products with exceptional performance and integration to deliver a unique competitive advantage to OEMs and ODMs for mobile device, base station, CATV infrastructure, CATV subscriber, and industrial applications. The Company's award-winning solutions include power amplifiers, front-end ICs, front-end modules, line amplifiers, active splitters, tuners, and other RF components. For more information, visit www.anadigics.com.
CONTACT: Media Relations Brian Ribeiro mspire group Tel: +1 908 369 9300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Relations Kristina Panek ANADIGICS, Inc. Tel: +1 908 668 5000 ext. 5330 E-mail: email@example.com