DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, Aug. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cyber Gear has launched the region's first 'Responsive Web Site'. According to Sharad Agarwal, CEO of Cyber Gear, "Responsive web design is an unique web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing experience, easy reading and navigation with a minimum of resizing, panning, and scrolling across a wide range of devices from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones. Our corporate site at www.cyber-gear.com uses flexible grids, fluid layouts and CSS media queries."
According to recent industry surveys, by 2015, 50% of all the users will be accessing web sites from their tablet or smartphone. Facebook alone sees 7,000 different types of mobile devices visiting its site daily.
In this mobile era, whether you want to increase customer engagement, improve click through rates or drive conversions, you need to provide a consistent and user friendly web experience across all devices; and the smart way to go about it is through responsive web design. As each HTML template is designed to work on many different screen sizes, resolutions and types, when loaded up, it'll easily adapt to its new environment, morphing and changing so that none of the original quality is lost and the design remains just as sharp as always.
Using responsive web design has multiple advantages, including:
- It keeps your desktop and mobile content on a single URL, which is easier for users to interact with, share, and link to and for Google's algorithms to assign the indexing properties to your content. Google can discover site content more efficiently as they wouldn't need to crawl a page with the different Googlebot user agents to retrieve and index all the content.
- Responsive web design also eliminates the need for creating multiple versions of the same website for different types of devices. Creating several sites can be costly, time-consuming and difficult to maintain. This takes away from profits, as well as time available for business tasks such as creating content, fulfilling orders, and responding to customer queries. In the end, responsive design helps build an efficient, profitable online business.
- Finally, responsive web design allows visitors to load the website quickly, regardless of the type of device used. Fast loading is critical for success online as most visitors will not wait more than a few seconds before leaving your site and choosing another search engine listing.
The ability to attract and keep more visitors using a variety of devices can help improve conversions, increase website sales and help build an internet business, swiftly.
About Cyber Gear (www.cyber-gear.com)
Since 1996, Cyber Gear has been a pre-eminent force in the web design and e-business industry. Positioned as an industry leader, Cyber Gear provides a range of internet technology solutions to a large number of multinational and local organisations in the Middle East. Cyber Gear clients include Total Middle East, Hyatt Hotels, GEMS Education, Abu Dhabi National Hotels, Burger King ME, Applebees Middle East, Mubadala Healthcare, Mega Mall, Farnek Avireal, Al Zahra Hospital, The Green Ecostore and Emirates Leisure and Retail.
Cyber Gear has developed several web based proprietary applications in the following areas:
- Newsletter design, distribution and tracking application
- Online media monitoring
- e-CRM applications
- F&B restaurant reservation system
- XML based news delivery application
- CG Content Management System