REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 28, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BroadVision, Inc. (Nasdaq:BVSN), a leading provider of e-business and engagement management solutions, today announced that it has deployed its latest release for the Clearvale® enterprise social networking platform. This release delivers new capabilities for working socially and more effectively on everyday business processes.
Clearvale uses social tools and techniques to help businesses around the globe transform the way they work by providing the capabilities to create a series of internal and/or external social business networks where employees, customers, and partners can communicate and collaborate with each other. As a cloud-based platform, Clearvale enables users to engage with each other and exchange knowledge anytime, anywhere, and on any device across geographic regions and time zones for improved business agility.
Existing customers are actively using these new features on their networks:
- Task templates – When creating a task template, users can set default values to be included in a task such as type, title, due date, description, and assignees for more consistent and efficient workflow process collaboration. These preset task values can be applied directly to the task or customized by modifying or adding values depending on task needs.
- Twitter widget – A new Twitter widget allows for more options regarding the tweets streamed into Clearvale.
- Writer role – Network administrators can now assign the restricted writer role to users who are allowed to contribute content to the network, but not permitted to create new communities.
- Calendar enhancements – Network community-level events have the ability to appear in the Event Calendar or in Event Countdown widgets on the network page.
- Other updates – The release also includes spell checker support for highlighting potential spelling errors, a new API allows network administrators the ability to acquire a list of members who are followers and a list of users who are being followed on the network, an increase in file size limit for up to 500MB, and a consolidation of notifications in the activity stream or via email when multiple files are uploaded.
"Clearvale's mission is to enhance an organization's productivity through social collaboration for more timely resolution of issues and better capturing and circulating of knowledge. Our comprehensive enterprise platform of engagement offers the most extensible network of networks, which maximizes business returns through effective knowledge distribution and powerful workflow to get more work done," said Peter Chu, Vice President of Strategy, Products, and Marketing at BroadVision. "This product release delivers on that mission with ease of customization, deeper workflow capabilities, and enhanced network usability for our Clearvale users."
Related Links and Additional Information:
- Learn more about Clearvale
- Read the BroadVision blog
- Watch a video about Clearvale
- Follow Clearvale on Twitter @Clearvale
- Learn more about the Clearvale PaasPort Partner Program or to become a partner and/or reseller
Driving innovation since 1993, BroadVision (Nasdaq:BVSN) is a provider of e-business and engagement management solutions for organizations seeking to transform their communication and collaboration efforts within and outside the enterprise by embedding valuable social behaviors into business relationships and processes. BroadVision® solutions – including the Clearvale enterprise social networking solution – deliver a virtual, mobile, and social platform of engagement for sharing expertise, enhancing business agility, and tracking accountability to deliver clarity in decision-making and improvement in both productivity and business results. Visit www.BroadVision.com for more details.
The BroadVision logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=5621
BroadVision and Clearvale and all their case-sensitive permutations are trademarks or registered trademarks of BroadVision, Inc. in the United States of America and other countries.
CONTACT: BroadVision Contact: Karen Cohen Public & Analyst Relations Manager BroadVision, Inc. 650.295.0716 x7174 firstname.lastname@example.org