BOSTON, Sept. 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LogMeIn, Inc. (Nasdaq:LOGM) today announced a key new update to its popular online meeting app, join.me, that gives iPad owners the ability to not only host meetings on the go, but quickly record and share them with others through the cloud. Available via a quick update for existing join.me iPad app users and an easy download for new users, the new capabilities come less than a week after the introduction of cloud-based recording and sharing for web-based join.me meetings.
To record, a meeting host can simply click a "record" button, which captures both screen and audio content. All recorded join.me meetings are quickly stored in "Cubby", LogMeIn's secure file sync and share app, and are accessible via join.me or via Cubby using a single sign-on. Recorded sessions can also be shared via a web link or by inviting others into the Cubby. Users are given 5GB of free Cubby storage for their recordings, which can house hundreds of hours of content.
The new app's cloud recording and sharing capabilities work in conjunction with active join.me pro accounts, while joining a meeting from the app is free for everyone. The iPad app is a free download.
The updated join.me iPad app includes the ability to:
- Record and share any join.me online or audio meeting
- Host or join meetings through a single app
- Select and visually present files from email and other iPad apps with up to 250 people
- Open files from other productivity, business, collaboration and cloud apps in join.me for quick sharing
- Store files in the join.me iPad app for future meetings and presentations
- Invite attendees via email or link into a join.me session
- Talk to attendees via VoIP or free, dedicated teleconference line
- Secure and control meetings via "lock" feature, requiring attendees to seek permission prior to joining a meeting in session
- Trigger a touch-based 'laser pointer' for highlighting areas of content being shared
- Use built-in chat feature to talk with individual or all attendees
"iPads and other devices have been invaluable at keeping people connected to their workplace, and are increasingly being used as the primary tools for creating content and getting work done," said Lou Orfanos, Senior Director of Collaboration Products for LogMeIn. "Adding cloud recording and sharing capabilities to our iPad app extends the functionality our mobile-centric users have grown accustomed to into the devices they are increasingly relying on."
About LogMeIn, Inc.
LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) transforms the way people work and live through secure connections to the computers, devices, data, and people that make up their digital world. The company's cloud services free millions of people to work from anywhere, empower IT professionals to securely embrace the modern cloud-centric workplace, give companies new ways to reach and support today's connected customer, and help businesses bring the next generation of connected products to market.
LogMeIn is headquartered in Boston's Innovation District with offices in Australia, Hungary, India, Ireland, the Netherlands, and the UK.
CONTACT: Press Craig VerColen LogMeIn, Inc. 781-897-0696 Press@LogMeIn.com