NEW YORK, Sept. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Willis North America, a unit of Willis Group Holdings (NYSE:WSH), the global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker, announced today the 19th Annual Willis Construction Risk Management Conference, September 11-12, in New Orleans, LA.
Willis' annual Construction Risk Management Conference is designed to address a range of pressing issues facing the construction industry today. Featuring both educational and networking opportunities, this conference combines the expertise of Willis' construction clients and leading specialists from the Willis construction team including surety, safety, and claims specialists. Attendance for this event includes roughly 400 individuals representing global, national and regional contractors, developers, facility owners and designers, as well as insurance carriers and leading industry experts from The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) and FMI, a leading financial and management consultant.
Commenting on the event, Rick Hawkinberry, CEO, National Construction Practice, Willis North America, said, "For this year's program we created an agenda featuring hot topics that focus on key issues impacting construction firms today including addressing contractual risk challenges and the various legislative and judicial trends compounding those challenges, how to best use available data to quantify risk and impact the underwriting process, as well as proven approaches to improve worksite safety. In addition, there is an entire track dedicated to claims-related issues and several discussions where our clients share their cutting edge risk management techniques and unique project approaches."
"Given the rapidly evolving landscape of construction risk management, we look forward to this opportunity each year to bring together our clients, key business partners and Willis specialists to share, learn and network. Willis is committed to the construction industry and we are proud to offer this unique industry event to deliver innovative risk management solutions and insights," Hawkinberry added.
Experts will lead a variety of educational sessions, including:
- (Dis)jointed Ventures…and Other Contractual Challenges - Amy Iannone, Insurance Risk Manager, DPR Construction; Keith Jurss, Willis; Ray Bustamante, Director Construction Professional Liability, Catlin; and David Grigg, SVP, Construction Professional and Pollution Lines, XL Group.
- Theory vs. Reality: Does Default Insurance Deliver a Better Claims Process and Result? - Bill Noonan, VP of Risk Management, StructureTone; David Dekker, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP; Luke Nolan, Willis; and Brian Carpenter, Willis.
- Take the Risk Out of Sustainability - Tracy Browne, VP Sustainability, Balfour Beatty Construction and Sam Garbis, Strategic Account Manager, Waste Management
- Large Projects: Getting the Tough Stuff Resolved - Jeff Appelbaum, Partner/Chairman of the Construction Law Group, Thompson Hine LLP and Managing Director, Project Management Consultants LLC; Tod Swanson, Willis; and Lori Robinett, Willis.
- Bringing Certainty to your Renewal Strategy, The Importance of Data Analytics and Safety to the Underwriting Process - Becky Karam, Director of Risk Management, Installed Building Products; Kevin Glasgow, Willis; and Mike Fredebeil, Willis.
- Political Risk: What Congress and the Administration are Doing and Not Doing that Impact Your Bottom Line - Steve Sandherr, CEO, Associated General Contractors of America (AGC).
Click here to view the full agenda.
Willis is a leading insurance broker in the construction industry bringing specialized expertise and dedicated resources to this space. The Willis Construction Practice features over 800 construction professionals across its global platform serving contractors, owners, construction professionals and design firms.
Willis Group Holdings plc is a leading global risk advisor, insurance and reinsurance broker. With roots dating to 1828, Willis operates today on every continent with more than 17,000 employees in over 400 offices. Willis offers its clients superior expertise, teamwork, innovation and market-leading products and professional services in risk management and transfer. Our experts rank among the world's leading authorities on analytics, modelling and mitigation strategies at the intersection of global commerce and extreme events. Find more information at our website, www.willis.com, our leadership journal, Resilience, or our up-to-the-minute blog on breaking news, WillisWire. Across geographies, industries and specialisms, Willis provides its local and multinational clients with resilience for a risky world.