ALISO VIEJO, Calif., Sept. 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC), the industry leader in Fibre Channel adapters, today announced its new 16Gb Gen 5 Fibre Channel and 10Gb Ethernet (10GbE) adapters for HP ProLiant Generation 8 (Gen8) server blades and HP ProLiant DL and HP ProLiant SL servers. The QLogic-designed adapters complement HP Converged Infrastructure by delivering high-performance, flexible, efficient storage networking connectivity that simplifies the data center environment.
The HP QMH2672 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class is based on QLogic Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology and is designed to tackle high bandwidth, I/O-intensive applications, such as virtualization, media streaming, backup and recovery, data warehousing and online transaction processing. The HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 526FLR-SFP+ Adapter for HP ProLiant DL and HP ProLiant SL servers leverages QLogic's battle-hardened driver stack to run simultaneous, multi-protocol (10GbE, FCoE or iSCSI) traffic on the same hardware in 10Gb converged Ethernet environments.
"QLogic and HP have worked closely together on Fibre Channel solutions for well over a decade," said Amit Vashi, vice president of products, technology and planning, QLogic. "HP customers can now take advantage of QLogic's Gen 5 Fibre Channel and 10GbE high-bandwidth connectivity options to support more virtual machines, achieve improved application performance1 and drive greater consolidation within the data center."
The FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 526FLR-SFP+ Adapter for HP ProLiant DL and HP ProLiant SL servers and the HP QMH2672 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class are the latest offerings in an extensive QLogic portfolio of server, networking and storage solutions. The QLogic portfolio for HP hardware also includes 8Gb/4Gb Fibre Channel adapters; 10Gb Ethernet converged networking adapters; Intelligent Ethernet adapters and integrated server adapters (commonly known as LOMs); and Fibre Channel switches, modules, ASIC and adapter solutions to help HP deliver Converged Infrastructure solutions to HP customers.
The QLogic technology behind the HP QMH2672 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class and HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 526FLR-SFP+ Adapter for HP ProLiant DL and HP ProLiant SL servers consist of several compelling attributes:
- The Ultimate in Performance: QLogic Gen 5 Fibre Channel technology handles three times the transactions (1.2 Million IOPs1) and double the throughput (6000 MBps) compared to 8Gb Fibre Channel, dramatically increasing application performance and cutting backup times in half2. The HP QMH2672 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class is optimized for performance in next-generation servers with support for the new PCIe 3.0 bus architecture.
- High Availability Architecture: QLogic's unique port-level isolation architecture adds an additional layer of reliability and security, and ensures that if one port should encounter issues, the second, isolated port will continue to function securely and without interruption. This enables the adapter to offer secure, deterministically predictive and scalable-port performance.
- Optimized for Virtualization: The HP QMH2672 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class and HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 526FLR-SFP+ Adapter for HP ProLiant DL servers and HP ProLiant SL servers provide a scalable architecture and full offload capabilities with increased bandwidth allocation to each virtual machine (VM). These adapters further enhance VM mobility by increasing availability to meet peak-demand workloads.
- Leadership, Confidence and Trust: The underlying QLogic Fibre Channel stack is proven in more than 14 million ports shipped to enterprise data centers around the world.
- Pervasive Interoperability: QLogic-designed solutions are tested and interoperable with more than 10,000 industry products. QLogic's networking stack includes pervasive support for the leading operating system (OS) platforms and hypervisors including Windows Server with Hyper-V, VMware ESX/ESXi, Red Hat and SUSE Linux. The HP QMH2672 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA for HP BladeSystem c-Class and HP FlexFabric 10Gb 2-port 526FLR-SFP+ Adapter for HP ProLiant DL and HP ProLiant SL servers share the same Fibre Channel stack with millions of QLogic 8Gb and 4Gb Fibre Channel adapter ports already installed in enterprises around the globe.
1 "QLogic 2600 Series 16Gb Gen 5 FC HBAs Double Performance and Flexibility," QLogic White Paper
2 "Industry 8Gb / 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA Evaluation," by Demartek, December 2012
Follow QLogic @ twitter.com/qlogic
QLogic – the Ultimate in Performance
QLogic (Nasdaq:QLGC) is a global leader and technology innovator in high performance server and storage networking connectivity products. Leading OEMs and channel partners worldwide rely on QLogic for their server and storage networking solutions. For more information, visit www.qlogic.com.
Disclaimer – Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains statements relating to future results of the company (including certain beliefs and projections regarding business and market trends) that are "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or implied in the forward-looking statements. The company advises readers that these potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: unfavorable economic conditions; potential fluctuations in operating results; gross margins that may vary over time; the stock price of the company may be volatile; the company's dependence on the networking markets served; the ability to maintain and gain market or industry acceptance of the company's products; the company's dependence on a small number of customers; the company's ability to compete effectively with other companies; the ability to attract and retain key personnel; the complexity of the company's products; declining average unit sales prices of comparable products; the company's dependence on sole source and limited source suppliers; the company's dependence on relationships with certain third-party subcontractors and contract manufacturers; sales fluctuations arising from customer transitions to new products; seasonal fluctuations and uneven sales patterns in orders from customers; a reduction in sales efforts by current distributors; changes in the company's tax provisions or adverse outcomes resulting from examination of its income tax returns; international economic, currency, regulatory, political and other risks; facilities of the company and its suppliers and customers are located in areas subject to natural disasters; the ability to protect proprietary rights; the ability to satisfactorily resolve any infringement claims; uncertain benefits from strategic business combinations, acquisitions and divestitures; declines in the market value of the company's marketable securities; changes in and compliance with regulations; difficulties in transitioning to smaller geometry process technologies; the use of "open source" software in the company's products; system security risks, data protection breaches and cyber-attacks; and the company's ability to borrow under its credit agreement is subject to certain covenants.
More detailed information on these and additional factors which could affect the company's operating and financial results are described in the company's Forms 10-K, 10-Q and other reports filed, or to be filed, with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The company urges all interested parties to read these reports to gain a better understanding of the business and other risks that the company faces. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made only as of the date hereof, and the company does not intend to update or revise these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
QLogic and the QLogic logo are registered trademarks of QLogic Corporation. Other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of the companies with which they are associated.