Chances are you’ll spend more time in shopping malls this holiday season -- perhaps because virtually all of them will have longer business hours -- so you may want to know a bit more about your surroundings.
Life At The Mall
- Most malls began decorating November 1
- The percentage of malls that are decorating for holidays other than Christmas (Hanukah, Kwanza): 9
- The holiday song played most frequently last year was "Jingle Bells"
- The second-most frequently played song was "White Christmas"
- The percentage of malls that will be hosting charity events this season: 77
- The percentage of malls that will offer extra services such as gift wrapping: 61
Source: The International Council of Shopping Centers