ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., January 3, 2008- Davos, Switzerland, Iowa, New Hampshire, Detroit, Las Vegas, Park City, Utah...regardless of where the major business stories take place in January, CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, is there with special coverage and original programming.
CNBC reporters travel across the globe in January interviewing major business leaders and covering key industry events. Today, CNBC's Chief Washington Correspondent John Harwood provides extensive coverage and analysis live from Des Moines of the Iowa Caucus, while CNBC Washington Correspondent Hampton Pearson begins reporting today from New Hampshire on the state's primary.
CNBC will report from the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas (Monday, January 7th-Thursday, January 11th) with CNBC's technology correspondent Jim Goldman, CNBC's media correspondent Julia Boorstin, and CNBC Contributor David Pogue.
CNBC's Bill Griffeth will co-anchor "Power Lunch" (Noon-2 PM ET) and CNBC's
Other event coverage in January includes CNBC's pharmaceutical reporter Mike Huckman live from JP Morgan H&Q (Monday, January 7th), the biggest healthcare investing conference of the year; CNBC's automotive reporter Phil LeBeau live from the Detroit Auto Show (Monday, January 14th); CNBC's Jim Goldman and CNBC Contributor David Pogue live from MacWorld; CNBC's media and technology editor Dennis Kneale and Julia Boorstin from the annual Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah (Friday, January 18th) and CNBC anchor
In addition, all month long, CNBC features special programming including:
Business Nation" (Wednesday, January 9th at 10 PM & 1 AM ET) – A special edition of CNBC's monthly one-hour business newsmagazine with Chief Correspondent David Faber features "How I Made My Millions," profiling ordinary people with extraordinary ideas.
- "Power Lunch" (Monday, January 14th at Noon ET) – Co-anchors Bill Griffeth and Sue Herera take the two-hour program to the quintessential site of the power lunch-the Four Seasons restaurant in New York City
- "CNBC Special Event: Detroit Auto Show All Access" (Monday, January 14th at 9 PM & Midnight ET) – CNBC Auto reporter Phil LeBeau gained unprecedented access to the North American Auto Show and will preview the 2008 models, examine the auto industry, look at the future of hybrids and review the next wave of cars from China. This is a live broadcast at 9 PM ET.
- "Fast Money" (Tuesday, January 15th at 5 PM ET) – The fastest growing cable news program in 2007 celebrates its one-year anniversary doing what it does best: making the audience fast money. Just as athletes are interviewed right after a game and discuss what they did and why, the four "Fast Money" Wall Street professionals, with host Dylan Ratigan, come to the set after spending their day trading to share their insights and strategy.
Conversations with Michael Eisner" (Wednesday, January 23rd at 9 PM & 12 AM ET) – Michael Eisner interviews Jeff Immelt, Chairman & CEO of General Electric and actress Susan Lucci.
- "Mad Money w/Jim Cramer" (Thursday, January 24th at 6 PM ET) – Jim Cramer hosts a "Ladies Night" with a studio audience of women investors. Whether women are CEO's of Fortune 500 companies or CEO's of their households, Cramer knows they have great instincts for trading and investing.
- "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch: Women And Power" (Thursday, January 24th at 10 PM & 1 AM ET) – This special episode, taped in front of a studio audience, gives women entrepreneurs direct, actionable guidance for starting, growing and expanding their small business. Women-owned businesses generate an estimated $2.5 trillion in sales each year and Deutsch gives these and other potential entrepreneurs the tools they need to tap into that power.
The Millionaire Inside: Debt-Free Forever" (Monday, January 28th, 9 PM & 12AM ET)--With the holiday shopping season over and credit card bills looming, CNBC gives viewers a debt-makeover for 2008. CNBC's Erin Burnetthosts this special in front of a studio audience and featuring money mentors, including award-winning financial advisor Ric Edelman, "Generation Debt" author Carmen Wong Ulrich, credit expert John Ulzheimer and trading coach Dr. Doug Hirschhorn. Each shares their secrets to living debt-free forever and offer tips on how to create an action plan needed to take control of your debt.
- "American Greed" (Wednesday, January 30th at 9PM & 12AM ET) –The CNBC original primetime series, which explores how greed changes people's lives, returns with the story of Martin Frankel who "built the perfect harem" and ultimately pleads guilty to fraud and racketeering.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 340 million homes worldwide, including more than 95 million households in the United States and Canada. The network's Business Day programming (weekdays from 5:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and also includes reports from CNBC news bureaus worldwide. Additionally, CNBC viewers can manage their individual investment portfolios and gain additional in-depth information from on-air reports by accessing http://www.cnbc.com.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBC Universal Media Village Web site at http://nbcumv.com/cnbc/.