STEP 1: TAKE A SNAP SHOT OF YOUR CURRENT LIFE
- Rate your life on a scale of 1 to 100%
- 90% of people probably are NOT where they want to be
STEP 2: PAINT THE PICTURE OF HOW BIG YOUR LIFE CAN BE
- Paint the picture of what you believe you want your life to be in a bulleted list
- The sky is the limit. Be as grandiose as you want
- Factor in things like family time, hobbies, charity work and early retirement
STEP 3: DEFINE YOUR PASSIONS
- Think about the types of things that you love to do - whether at work, at home, or at your local soup kitchen.
- List these things out briefly.
- Don't worry if some themes are starting to repeat in each section… that just means you have some really focused ideas about what you want in life!
STEP 4: DEFINE YOUR STRENGTHS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- List the abilities, experience & strengths you can build on to get your ideal life.
- Bear in mind that your skills need not be strictly from your professional life – list skills developed in your personal life as well.
- List those accomplishments in your professional and personal life of which you're most proud.
STEP 5: THINK ABOUT YOUR IDEAL WORK STYLE
- Whether full-time or part-time, at-home or on the road, working behind the scenes or interacting with lots of people — understand what your work style priorities are so you can define the best kind of business for you.
- Another way to look at this is, ‘what level of risk do you want to take?’ You may want a relatively low-pressure first-go at it.
STEP 6: WRITE YOUR MANIFESTO
- This is your personal mission, your values and what drives you forward, all wrapped up into a one-page (maximum) statement.
- To write this, you should draw on everything you’ve already discovered about yourself in steps 1 through 5, and bring it all together into a clear statement of your principles and priorities.