Medal Rounds - Day 7: The S&P 500 stumbled yesterday, with only days to go before the end of our World Markets Olympics Challenge. The Nikkei 225 has taken full advantage and jumped up to third place. Who will finish the week strong and grab a medal?
- The S&P 500 lost 1.5% yesterday while the Nikkei gained 1.1%.
- The Nikkei's move bumped Australia to fourth place
- The top four contenders are now within .7% of one another, putting the gold medal back in play
- Switzerland held onto second place, despite a .1% loss
- Of our original 20 indices, China had the worst day, down 5.3%
World Markets Olympic Challenge: Leaderboard as of (8/18 Close) -