For the first time in history,the Dow, S&P 500, and NASDAQ finished the week up over 10%. The last occurrence where the three majors closed the week up more than 9% was the week of October 11, 1974.
- The Dow finished the week up 12.59% at 658.17
- The S&P finished the week up 14.12% at 71.14
- The NASDAQ finished the week up 9.54% at 60.42
The Dow put its 10th best weekly performance of all time up 946.06 points for the week, or 11.29%, for the best weekly gain since October, 1974 when the Dow closed up 12.59%.
- Friday the Dow closed at 9325.01 up 144.32, and 1.57%
The S&P 500 put in its 13th best weekly performance, up 91.98 for the week, or 10.49%, for the best weekly gain since October, 1974 when the S&P finished up 14.12%.
- Friday the S&P closed at 968.75 up 14.66 and 1.54%
The NASDAQ put in its 3rd best weekly performance up 168.92 for the week, or10.88%, for the best weekly gain since April, 2001 when the NASDAQ finished up 14.01% for the week.
- Friday the NASDAQ closed at 1698.52 up 22.43 and 1.32%