The NFL Combine starts today in Indianapolis. It's where players, who are best at the skills tests, can see their NFL draft stock rise. The Combine is sponsored by Under Armour , so the 331 players who were invited to the event get a nice goody bag from the shoe and apparel company. We're told the total value of these items surpass $900 each.
Here's what they get:
- 1 Under Armour Combine Bag
- 3 UA Metal apparel pieces -- short sleeve compression, sleeveless compression and short sleeve loose shirt. All are personalized with position and number on the front, with the last name on the back. (UA says the compression shirts have the lightest fabric weight of any shirt on the market at 3.5 ounces.)
- 1 Travel suit, personalized with number and position on jacket.
- 1 pair of customized combine shoes (weigh 8.5 ounces, designed for NFL combine with footing for lateral, linear and vertical drills).
- 1 pair of UA cleats
- 1 pair of UA slides (sandals)
- 1 pair of UA running shoes
- 1 pair of UA trainers
- 1 Fleece Crew top and bottom
- 1 pair of Metal Compression shorts
- 1 pair of Heat Gear Leggings
- 1 pair of Micro-shorts
- 1 pair of Combine short
Some of these products like UA Metal will be available at Eastbay, with the option to customize your name and number just like the players. Metal products will also be sold at Dick's Sporting Goods and The Sports Authority. The combine shoe, pictured below, will not be available at retail.