Record investment banking numbers at JP Morgan led the company to beat analyst expectations this morning making it the fourth of four Dow components reporting to beat the street. After the bell today, we hear from a fifth Dow component IBM , and fellow tech giant Google .
Here are some key stats on the companies. Read the earnings preview here. Market Cap data is as of yesterday's close.
IBM by the numbers
- $141.7 B Market Cap (ranks #6 in the S&P)
- In past 12 qtrs
- Beat estimates 92% of the time (11 of 12)
- Met estimates 8% of the time (1 of 12)
- Missed estimates 0% of the time (0 of 12)
- Last 12 months revenue - $100.8 B
- ~ 65% of 2008 revenue came from overseas
- IBM Segment revenue