The equity rally has legs and the Nasdaq Composite is now up above 1960 and up for 12 straight days (~12.5% over the period). The last time the Nasdaq closed above 1960 was on 10/2/2008.
The Nasdaq's longest winning streak ever was 19 days, ending on 8/31/1979 when it gained 5.64% over the 19-day period.
-The Nasdaq has had 12-day streaks 9 times (not including today's streaks)
-As of midday, the Nasdaq is up ~12.5% and tracking for its best 12-day streak since 1/9/1992 (the last day of a 13-day streak) when it gained 15.69% over the 12-day period.
NASDAQ 19-day winning streaks: 1
- 5.64% over the 19-day period ending 8/31/1979
NASDAQ 17-day winning streaks: 1
- 13.29% over the 17-day period ending 1/31/1985
NASDAQ 15-day winning streaks: 1
- 8.13% over the 15-day period ending 11/25/1977
NASDAQ 14-day winning streaks: 1
- 3.78% over the 14-day period ending 6/22/1987
NASDAQ 13-day winning streaks: 1
- 15.95% over the 13-day period ending 1/9/1992
NASDAQ 12-day winning streaks: 4
- 5.54% over the 13-day period ending 2/25/1988
- 5.40% over the 13-day period ending 2/18/1986
- 7.34% over the 13-day period ending 10/15/1980
- 3.70% over the 13-day period ending 6/15/1979
Additionally, here are the top 10 biggest 12-day % gains on the Nasdaq of all time (not necessarily streaks)
Nasdaq Top 10 biggest 12-days % gains:
Send comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org